Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT
This isn't a big deal, but it sure does irk me. :rant:
Directv made an error on my bill of only $7.77. They admitted the mistake, but will only give me a credit on next months bill. They refuse to send a credit to my credit card. I even emailed Ellen Filipiak's office. I received a call from Rebecca who also refused my request for a refund on my card. She claims that it is policy not to issue credits if the amount is less than two months of what the customer pays. She says she reports directly to the CEO! Like I said, it's not a big deal, but it just doesn't seem right to me. If Directv kept a penny from each customer for one month, they would have access to $200,000 for the month!

Wow, that's got to be a principle thing. That's an awful lot of effort for $7.77. If your monthly bill is $100, in 3 days you have used over $7.77 worth of a service.

Wow, that's got to be a principle thing. That's an awful lot of effort for $7.77. If your monthly bill is $100, in 3 days you have used over $7.77 worth of a service.

Not so much effort. I am home today recuperating from my every 5 year colonoscopy, so I have lots of time on my hands! :eek: And yes, it is a principle thing. They took money from my credit card erroneously, that's where it should go back to.

Last edited:
i agree with raul5788 100% this has happen to me 3 times I am in the restaurant industry and deal with credit cards all the time and it is very simple to credit a card. I recently got sunday ticket for 24.99 a month for 6 months received my bill yesterday with a charge of 44.99 for 6 months. was told that I had to pay it and the credit of $20 for six months would start next month. Its the nickle and dime that pisses me off.

I would never ever expect such a post from a d* fanboy!!!

Who, me or titanman100? I would hardly consider myself a fanboy. If Dish had the YES network, I might well switch!

That is pretty much common practice with any monthly post paid accounts. If it was wrong, why did you pay it in the first place?

Exactly why I'll Never do an Auto Pay setup with any utility company.
If this wasn't autopay, maybe nextime try and look at your bill before you just make out the payment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)