New receiver does not fix problem

Videofx

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2004
Just finished installing new box and my problems with channel 206 which is HBO comes up as dicovery and channel 261 which is Starz comes up as Bravo HD. Unpluged receiver several times, removed access card, tried the polarity tunning still have the same problem with the new receiver.

Called Voom no clue, called Installs.com and they dont know either so I sont know what else to do.

Bill :mad:

Bill since you were installed a switch (as I remember), did they install it correctly? If you have two receivers only why not get rid of the switch and just run the two coax from Dual LNB to receivers.

Yup

Sean Mota said:
Bill since you were installed a switch (as I remember), did they install it correctly? If you have two receivers only why not get rid of the switch and just run the two coax from Dual LNB to receivers.

Sean ,

When the installer was out here thats what I suggested and he did not want to do it.

I will email wilt and see what he suggests.

Bill

Videofx said:
Sean ,

When the installer was out here thats what I suggested and he did not want to do it.

I will email wilt and see what he suggests.

Bill

That does not make any sense. The installation should work without a switch. A switch you only need if you have more than two receivers. I'd bet that somehow this is creating the problem.

New receiver defective

Now with the new receiver I tried the analog audio outputs and left analog out only gives hum on bot outputs. tried switching between PCM, etc, no go. Ny old receiver did not have this problem so I am trying to find out how to get my old receiver authorized and send this one back.

Bill

Got installsinc to reauthorize my old receiver

Well reinstalled my old receiver and got it reauthorized and my analog is working again

Bill

Just finished installing new box and my problems with channel 206 which is HBO comes up as dicovery and channel 261 which is Starz comes up as Bravo HD. Unpluged receiver several times, removed access card, tried the polarity tunning still have the same problem with the new receiver.
The [incompatible] switch is almost certainly the problem. Either that or a defect in the cable or one of the connectors.

I suggest you take a splitter and just connect the two cables, eliminating the inline switch.

Emailed Wilt

I emailed Wilt and we will see if he answers and what he suggests.

I will also talk to him about the switch.

Bill

Just got reply from Wilt

Here is what Wilt says:

"Let me see what I can get going on this; I'm pretty sure I know what it is.
Hang in there, we'll get it.
Wilt"

We will see what happens next.

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)