OTA Antenna to be upgraded 3-23-04

R

RickyMac

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 7, 2004
Phenix City, AL
Voom has agreed to uupgrade my Stealth (thanks to Joe Harkins). I will keep everyone posted regarding the upgrade.

It is good to contact your local installer. The local installer thought he was installing a Voom and was waiting on Installs to send him the box. I contacted Installs and they called him and told him to what antenna to use.

This local installer is different from the one that installed my Voom. This installer is H & L Service.

Also, I do bellieve that I will purchase the 30" dish, just to avoid any problems in bad weather.

I am still liking Voom more and more each day.

MAJOR (only) PROBLEM: My OTA channels are correct and I can watch them but there is no info in the guide (off air map is 0126, Sat map is 4560, IPG Region is 14). I have tried many factory resets and reboots. Any suggestions?

S

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
RickyMac said:
MAJOR (only) PROBLEM: My OTA channels are correct and I can watch them but there is no info in the guide (off air map is 0126, Sat map is 4560, IPG Region is 14). I have tried many factory resets and reboots. Any suggestions?

You are the first to post the "no information" in the PG for locals but I also spoke to rang1995 and has the same problem. Hopefully, the software upgrade will fix this. Is there any other person not getting information in the local channels?

R

RickyMac

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 7, 2004
Phenix City, AL
Hopefully, soon to be 100% Voomer

When I get the above mentioned problem fixed, I will cancel D* & E*. Also, at least 2 of my neighbors will order Voom, one had D* and one has E*. I want to build a Voom community here in Phenix City. I am a true beliver, I love HD.

I keep hearing that D* & E* will not increase HD becasue the demand is not there.

I bet the telegrapher said something very simuliar to Alexander Graham Bell regarding the telephone.

T

traxxs

SatelliteGuys Family
Mar 9, 2004
I also have no program info for my locals can watch them just fine though cant tell you my mapping info (dog ate my remote waiting on a new one from voom)been like this since day 1 of install about 2 weeks