New receiver question

Mark0

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 6, 2008
Lowell, MA
I currently have 2 612's and one 622 and am thinking of gettign a 211 for my kitchen. Will I need another dish to do this? I currently have the eastern arc dish.
Also, is this something I can do on my own in order to save installation fees?

Not really. You will need a DishProPlus 44 switch though. But the 44 switch inline of the three lines coming from the dish. Then connect the three going to your existing boxes. Connect the new 211 to the first port on the bottom of the switch with the indeed power inserter(must be on port one). Do a check switch at each receiver( menu button 6-1-1). Then ur set.

You will not need an additional dish. You may need a different switch depending on how it is wired. If you do get the additional receiver from us the only option for us to set up the work order is to send a technician. By the way you listed the maximum number of receivers we will lease. So if the 612s and the 622 are leased you will need to purchase the VIP211.

If you are not looking to get HD in the kitchen, and are willing to sacrifice an extra tuner, you could upgrade a 612 to a 722 and make the kitchen TV2. Just an option since that would probably cost less than the purchase of a 211k and DPP44 to do it yourself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)