New Receiver question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mysticseer

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 9, 2009
USA
Hey everyone

First I want to thank you all for all the amazing information. I love this site so much. :)

I want to purchase a new receiver for my new room in my house. I just want a basic H25.

Can I just call directv and have them send me one and bill me? Or are they going to want a guy to come and install it?

Hey everyone

First I want to thank you all for all the amazing information. I love this site so much. :)

I want to purchase a new receiver for my new room in my house. I just want a basic H25.

Can I just call directv and have them send me one and bill me? Or are they going to want a guy to come and install it?

If your truly in Canada, they won't send you one.

Call and ask. Typically a new receiver can restart a contract so be sure to ask about that. If you're not under contract, make the best deal you possibly can.

So, your ADDING to an existing set up, correct ?
The H25 requires a SWM set up, which you probably have already, you can check in the System Info if you need to verify .
As mentioned above, I would Call D* first and see what they have to offer, sometimes you'll find adding recvrs is free, most times it not, but it depends on your situation.

Typically they are $100 ...
Solidsignal also is a place you can get and activate D* recvrs ... If D* is $100, thats pretty normal and SS is the same price at the moment.

DIRECTV High Definition MPEG-4 Receiver (H-25) from Solid Signal

Reactions: whitewolf8214
So, your ADDING to an existing set up, correct ?
The H25 requires a SWM set up, which you probably have already, you can check in the System Info if you need to verify .
As mentioned above, I would Call D* first and see what they have to offer, sometimes you'll find adding recvrs is free, most times it not, but it depends on your situation.

Typically they are $100 ...
Solidsignal also is a place you can get and activate D* recvrs ... If D* is $100, thats pretty normal and SS is the same price at the moment.

DIRECTV High Definition MPEG-4 Receiver (H-25) from Solid Signal

Hi there.

Thank you so much for the information. I do have a SWM setup.

I am half way through my contract so I will most likely have to purchase one.

Will I have the option of having them mail it to my home? I am sure they will but if not I will just order from solid signal.

Thanks again. :)

Just to be clear, you won't be purchasing that receiver. It remains DTV property and is leased equipment. It may result in a new contract.

Reactions: Jimbo
Don't let Not Owning the recvr become a big deal, theres less than 1% of recvrs out there that are actually owned.

That said, you will activate a 2 year commitment regardless of who you get it from .... UNLESS you call D* and can negotiate something with them, but dropping the new commitment is rare.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts