New Remote issue...

kevstok

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 21, 2004
Wylie, TX
Has anyone had any problems with the new Remotes so far? I picked up one from a local Verizon Store with a free coupon to see what it was like. However, I am having problems getting the PG UP & DN to work in the Guide. It appears to be located on the Channel UP & DN button but when I hit that button, it simply changes the channel. I would appreciate any help/assistance/updates on this.

The page up/down button on the new remote was actually made to be used with the new interactive media guide and not the current one.

Has anyone had any problems with the new Remotes so far? I picked up one from a local Verizon Store with a free coupon to see what it was like. However, I am having problems getting the PG UP & DN to work in the Guide. It appears to be located on the Channel UP & DN button but when I hit that button, it simply changes the channel. I would appreciate any help/assistance/updates on this.
I'm in the same category you're in. I believe we have to wait for the new IPG before the new remote does everything.

Free remote coupon?

Where, praytell, might this free remote coupon be found?

What remote is it that they're offering? Any chance this one might actually have 30-second commercial skip capability?

Any chance this one might actually have 30-second commercial skip capability?

I don't have the new remote but you can buy a new silver comcast remote off of ebay for about $5-$10 and program in a 30 second skip function to the remote. That is what I did.

Yes the 30 second skip works fine - my major complaint is that the shortest replay is 30 seconds. Hopefully a future upgrade will give you the option of having a 7 second delay like I had with Cox.

Yes the 30 second skip works fine - my major complaint is that the shortest replay is 30 seconds. Hopefully a future upgrade will give you the option of having a 7 second delay like I had with Cox.
The new IMG has 3 or 4 options IIRC. I saw them Monday when I was browsing around setting up my new dvr. I believe the options was something like 5, 10, 15, and 30 seconds. Repeat also had similar features where you could configure how far back you wanted to go.

This is great to hear! 30 second commercial skip is the (only) thing I miss from my old Dish DVR.

I'm still curious, though, where others have gotten their coupons. Were they included in a bill? In some other mailer?

And what's the make/model of the new remote? I'd like to take a peek at the specs if they're available.

The new IMG has 3 or 4 options IIRC. I saw them Monday when I was browsing around setting up my new dvr. I believe the options was something like 5, 10, 15, and 30 seconds. Repeat also had similar features where you could configure how far back you wanted to go.

The repeat offers only 30 seconds, 1, 2 and 5 minutes.

Thanks for clarifying that. I was going to edit my response when I got home and checked it out but now I don't have to. Do you know off hand if my skip ahead numbers are correct?

The skip offers the same: 30 seconds, 1, 2 and 5 minutes.

My market (Fort Wayne, IN) was the first to have widespread deployment of the new IMG. I just double checked our options and we can set it to 10 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute, and 5 minute for both settings.

Whn FIOS TV went online last month in RI we got the new guide. Let's hope we get an upgrade here - 30 seconds on the replay is too long. Although I never had the old guide I understand there was a 7 second setting which makes more sense.

Attached are screen shots of the DVR's setup screens for skip and replay options for the new guide, at least my revision.

Attachments

• IMAGE_042.jpg
    IMAGE_042.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 141
  • IMAGE_043.jpg
    IMAGE_043.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 136

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts