New Router...PS3 Connection Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
Hey Guys,

Sorry, posting in two differnt areas....but.....Had the PS3 set up wireless to my Linksys N Router. Whenever there were a couple of PCs or LAptops online and someone was playing for instance COD2 there would be some lag problems. So, I went and got this Simultaneus Dual 2.4 and 5.o HZ N Gigabite Router. The PS3 regognizes the 2.4 but not the 5.0. If any of you are still with me on this, do I need to attach a device to the PS3 like an N adapter to recognize the 5.0 ? If so, which one....

Damn, I ask a lot don't I. I would really appreciate some insight on this, thanks!!

Flying J

You could try any wirelss N gaming adapter. One suggestion would be the Linksys WGA600n but there are many good ones out there.

Thanks...I didn't even know you could plug one of those into the PS3...can I assume it just goes into one of the USB slots? Thanks!!

Thanks...I didn't even know you could plug one of those into the PS3...can I assume it just goes into one of the USB slots? Thanks!!
Uhhh.. no that wouldn't quite work. You can't plug a USB Wireless adapter into the PS3. Well, you could, but it won't work. What Geronimo suggested plugs into the Ethernet port of your PS3, not the USB slot. It should still work, but I'm not sure that that is the most economical solution or even the silver bullet to your problem.
Look at the suggestions I gave in the Gamers forum about this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts