NEW RTN FTA BIRD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Fred, I think you need to spend more time on alignment:D:D:D:D:D

Nah!! That dish does just fine for what I use it for. :)

BTW, I just scanned it in on my Birdview solid with patent infringing co-rotor (that setup is the Gold Standard on any signal around here) with Pansat 2500a and have a bouncing 55-60% SQ which tells me that is is a low signal strength broadcast.

Maybe they will turn it up a little later.

Nah!! That dish does just fine for what I use it for. :)

BTW, I just scanned it in on my Birdview solid with patent infringing co-rotor (that setup is the Gold Standard on any signal around here) with Pansat 2500a and have a bouncing 55-60% SQ which tells me that is is a low signal strength broadcast.

Maybe they will turn it up a little later.

I knew it wasn't you Fred (I was just kidding) I figure there running on some kind of makeshift setup. If there going to be using them for affiliates there going to have to go to something more permanent and stronger, it is ku and there is rain fade involved. I will have to swing the 90cm Primestar over there and see what I get when I get some time to go play in the cold, snow and ice. Maybe the 90 will do okay she's pretty hot.

Never for a moment did I question your alignment, just injecting a little humour, knowing what a perfectionist your are. Actually I'm envious of your persistance, patience, and ingenuity.:up

I never thought for a second that you did, and if I thought it needed adjustment, I would be out there at the first warm opportunity perfecting it. :eek:

I know this is sorta off topic but I get RTN on cable now. WCMH 4 replaced NBC Weather + channel that went off air with RTN and the local cable company carries it on digital cable.

I tried yesterday to get it - - -

I tried to get AMC9 tuned in but could not get the Quality high enough to get a lock.

83 (AMC9)-12140 V 30000 is very strong indeed but

11735H SR 4430 FEC 3/4 DVB-S - - - I could only get my Quality up to 15 with a 75 cm dish

I have a larger dish that I just got for free and I may need to put it up if they don't increase the signal.

MUST HAVE RTN !!!

Last edited:
AMC-9 is my true south sat and is usually a flame-thrower, signal wise but I don't have a "free" Ku dish to point at it right now. Time to get that Geosat Pro CK-1 on the 10 footer!:D

I'm not able to lock this on my 7 1/2 foot C/Ku dish or my 90 cm ku dish.

Hey Photoman,

Don't feel bad.

I had a heck of a time getting it to lock on my 10 foot scanning dish, but after some skew tweaking and back and forth movement, I finally got it high enough to lock ok at about 30% SQ.

I'm getting it at about 55-60% SQ on my Birdview Solid with the patent infringing co-rotor. :)

My motorized Primestar 84e locked it right off, but didn't check the signal strength on my FS IR-5400 yet.

Thanks linuxman you answered a question I posted earlier today. (about whether these birdview dishes worked well on ku).

Another winner back in the day was the Paraclipse Hydro form. I remember my dealer buddy showing me how much better they played than a standard mesh on ku.

I have seen one of those at a motel in the area. I asked about it, but they said they were still using it. I need to check back there one of these days. :)

I also don't want to down-play my Perforated Birdview dish either. When using the same patent infringing co-rotor on it, the Ku signal is equally as good as the solid dish is. Currently the Perfed dish has an orthomode feed on it which does not do quite as well as the co-rotor, but still does an excellent job. :D

Can't find it.. I do get a nice picture from Gaza on 11774 H 4232 v4130 a4131, 99Q on 10' dish and 65Q on 36"/invacom QPH-031.
C.

ok, thanks, I guess it is possible they may switch to s2, they did that on Galaxy 28 C band.

I'm strongly suspecting S2 is on the table for the near future if Luken only wants to lease a single transponder to provide RTN-E, RTN-W, and the paid local insertion stuff.

S would remain on the table if Luken is going to lease several transponders to provide all the services that are needed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts