NEW RTN FTA BIRD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As I posted in another thread I couldn't rely on USALS to get the RTNs on AMC-9. I had to manually adjust the dish to find the sweet spot.

The 11744 "flamethrower" didn't flinch in terms of quality after adjusting for RTN.

bill221 what kind of receiver are you using? You should be able to find it in your satellite setup menu. If not you may have to Add a new satellite, or rename an unused one. It's the next sat west from AMC5..

bill221 what kind of receiver are you using? You should be able to find it in your satellite setup menu. If not you may have to Add a new satellite, or rename an unused one. It's the next sat west from AMC5..
im usning a sv 8000 hd thanks i cant findamc5 what else is close?

Last edited:
AMC9 should be on the list....what are some of the names in the sat list?

I know in my Coolsat 8000 they used GE instead of AMC (like GE5) which was the old names

Its been either cloudy or raining since Sunday here in Va. Tried a few times but could come up with nothing either. This morning it was sunny so I tried again. I have a 10 ft dish and a pansat 9200 receiver. It came right in with a 26 signal. After moving the dish around a bit i got it locked in with a 40 signal. Both channels came right in. Guess I am ok until i get some rain/clouds or snow. Dennis

How many OTA channels do these feeds service? What are they?
I read somewhere that there were 80 stations carrying this network. I think it was in a News Release about the dispute? It is intended as a sub-channel for OTA Digital stations that are looking for supplemental income...? The programming is something like what TVLand was when it first started.

all of the RTN channels are subchannels on other stations not owned by Equity....the Equity channels also were RTN but those got dropped

voomvoom hit it on the head....channels looking for supplemental income and RTN does it...the Tube use to :)

Could that explain the DTMF-sounding tones between programming and the commercials?

Could this let local stations insert their commercials? Is there a name or designation for this method?

Could that explain the DTMF-sounding tones between programming and the commercials?

Could this let local stations insert their commercials? Is there a name or designation for this method?

Those are probably cue tones. My commercial DCII receiver supports those on a separate audio output. They are for local advertising insertion as you suggested.

Google "dsr 4400 cue tones" (no quotes) for example and the first few hits have some interesting info on it.

An RTN OTA channel from Delaware just started in my area. They haven't sold all of their ad time yet becaues a lot of times it's just the RTN screen saver during commercial breaks, and they have a lot of ads for themselves.

I was getting the channel with a weak signal when I first obtained ATSC capability, but I can't receive it any more.

yep pretty much...I know a sports feed I watch the right channel is for the cue tones. Since its part time it allows the cable companies that share a channel with that station cue it up so when the tones are heard it flips to that sports feed...when they play them after the game I assume its to change back

here is the example from the teams website

Left Channel - Mono Program Audio
Right Channel - Cue tones ONLY
Markets with WDAZ 102* - ON
Markets with WDAZ 102# - OFF
Markets without WDAZ 063* - ON
Markets without WDAZ 063# - OFF

RTN on KU

Any other RTN channels left on KU band Sats? Only one i can get is one on 123w RTN turnaround.. Just wandering..

Last edited:
RTN east and west both on AMC9, I think the only others beside the one you mentioned, are on other sats in DVB-S2.

I m finally able to watch the RTN east and west feeds. They must have increased their signal? I know even the feed on my cable company was locking up and not watchable up until a few days ago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)