New Sat

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

john dusek

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 6, 2005
east bernard Texas
Am trying to program the new W5 105o Amc 18 into my 4d. I guess I forget how. When I go to installation and try to put W5 (askes which Sat you want to add or remove) in,it always jumps to the sat that I am on. I cant get it on W5. Need helpThanks John

Is W5 not even in the 4DTV?

If not, move to a satellite to get the channel maps. G1 TP3 is the most common but I've locked it on G5 100 (the Starz mux)

give it 10 minutes and it will load all the channels in :)

Sat W 5

W 5 is on the list of Sats that they give me a choice of. I update the channels each night on G1. Has anyone else programed G5 into there 4D?(W5 in replacing X4 KU programing)
John

Go into "Options" 6 - 4 - 4, and with the up/down/right/left arrows, move the highlighter to W5 and press "Enter". Then position the dish to the proper co-ordinance, by moving the highlighter to "Move Dish to xxxx", or "Dish Positioner"? With "Dish Positioner" use right/left arrow to get the dish into position. Then press "Go Back" to save the position, and make sure "Save W5" is highlighted and press "Enter". That should do it and press the "View" button to get out and watch your 4dtv. Good Luck...!!

W5

How do I check the TDT count.
Voom,I think I did just as you stated,and when I hilighted W4 and pressed enter the next page was highlighting which ever Sat I was on and not W5.(in other words when I pushed enter the highlight changed form W5 to which ever sat I was on) When my recording is over I will make sure I did as you stated.
Thanks John

See my thread on this same thing
My memory is maxed out at 1920
need to do a reset myself to get W 5
programmed in.
Make a check list before you reset.

How do I do a master reset,read your thread and thanks. Will call nps for a count,but am sure it is too high. Why wouldnt taking off sats lower the count? What runs the count up.as it is only a couple of years old?

Ive done alot of research on this and have reached the conclusion that adding this new sat maxed out an older system.
Ive never had to do a Master Reset but now I do.
Im sure the problem is you memory is maxed,I thought the same about deleting and making extra room but that wont work.
Send me a PM later and Ill see if I can find the links to doing a MR.
I have the manual and it goes in depth on this making it more complicated than it is.
Ill also try and find you the site that you can print out all the sats so you can record all the settings associated with them.
Voom has posted the sequence for you. Just remember to push the buttons regardless of what the screen says.
Some commands wont pop up a prompt.
Also supposedly if you search or switch sats while in Ku mode and cross the Anik(Canadian) sats it will max out your count.
play it safe and move the dish only with C band sats across the arc.

hope no one minds a link to another site
MR instructions here
2nd Generation 4DTV (Model 922) information

worksheet link is next to the instruction link.

also use G1-3 for setup on DL of the maps
If you tune to that sat before you reset and do the math
of how far off 5000 it is you are good to go.
Or as some suggest go to 5000 before you reset.
This wont work in my case as all my count #s are lower than 5000.

Went to web and got copy of how to MR. After the MR it talks about Sat GO not being there and having to special program it. A tect from Sat said since mine is a 922,that it will program GO on its own with no going thru G9.(am wondering if this report was for a 900 instead of a 920) The teck said since its a 920,after restoring the limits and lNB info and arm settings,ect go to Sat G1 and make sure I am getting channel 11 good,then go to channel 3 and wait an hour or so for the sat maps. Am luckey as G1 is at 4998. Does this sound ok? Please let me know as I plan to do it in the morning.

That sound OK to me
5000 is real close to 4998 so it shoud pull it in then just tweak it.
Im pretty sure I put instructions for you to tune G1-3 for maps.
I also sent you alot of info via PM

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts