New Satelite Launched For Echo Star

rickbb

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 16, 2004
Last week echo Star Launched it's 4th Satelite into outerspace from Cape Canaveral in Florida.This was a successful launch.With this new satelite in outerspace this will add high speed satelite internet to Dish Networks services..plus more High definition channels will be added.This satelite will be up and running by late January 2005-Next month:)
There's more........by early 2005 a 5th satelite of Echo Star's will be Launched..and even MORE high definition channels will be available.
I found out all this information from reuters news service when I looked up Dish's stock.
If you ask anyone at Dish about this they won't know anything.They aren't the smartest people there. :)

More Information About New satelite in outerspace

REUTERS- December 17th,2004. SES GLobal Satelite goes into orbit.SES was waiting Friday for the first communication signals to be sent from AMC-16 later on Friday.The satelite was scheduled to be working by late January 2005.

The AMC-16 ,sent up from Cape Canaveral in Florida is the second satelite to be put into space for EchoStar,the U.S. satelite provider.

SES leased two satelites to Echostar as part of it's strategy to prepare itself
for an expected rise in demand for high-speed internet access,as well as digital and high-definition television delivered via satelite.

SES is preparing for the launch of a 5th satelite early next year. :)

I Want My Hdtv

This just sucks...

I can't believe that they can broadcast how many hundreds of channels, but they can't seem to broadcast the 4 major networks in HD. I live in an area, which, unfortunately, is DEVOID of HDTV broadcast OTA. I live in Prescott, AZ and we have a RELAY tower 8 mi. from my house (according to antennaweb.net, at least). ALL "local" broadcasts are rebroadcast from Phoenix.

For some CRAZY reason, they have elected NOT to repeat the HD signals from Pheonix to Prescott. And DISH still will not pickup ABC, NBC, CBS, and FOX in HD.

Another year without an HD Superbowl party. I am getting sorta sick of this situation. The FCC keeps slipping the HD timeline, Charlie isn't helping us out, and the friggin local broadcast stations aren't local!

Man, their ain't no love out there...

Well more HD is on the way just takes time! But this goes for everyone Direct,Dish whoever they all half to do upgrades so on.

They already have CBS-HD. Even if they had all the rest of the major broadcast networks in HD you would have to qualify. Someday when the FCC tells the broadcasters they have to broadcast HDTV signals (no excuses and extensions) we will have our HDTV. Maybe someday E* will broadcast HDTV LIL as well, but that will be a little difficult when broadcasters don't even have an HDTV feed to give to E* to broadcast.

That satellite will be located on 85 WL or 105 degree W. Next to the another satellite AMC-15. Most of the CSR does not know that kind of information.

As for the networks in HD, the new law just passed gives the necessary authorization for DBS to carry them for a lot more subscribers.

Of course, check my sig for what I think will REALLY happen. :mad:

has anyone heard anything about the high speed internet with dish?? is it just going to be wildblue? I live in a place that has no DSL or cable....i would love to hear it was a new cheaper option than directway

It's on the satellite, but I don't think it's being used by Dish. The satellite owner's SES Americom are using it to do something themselves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)