New Satellite Guys Format

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I welcome changes and go with the flow, but the screen hurts my eyes as well. I look forward to something that allows us to customize views. I never liked the holiday colors in the past and turned them off.

Last edited:
I know my vision has went down hill since I have spent so many hours in front of a monitor for the last 12 years with work & play. Don't think the eyes were designed for sitting so close to a tv screen for long periods of time. Eyestrain has become more of a problem in the last few years for me.

I know my vision has went down hill since I have spent so many hours in front of a monitor for the last 12 years with work & play. Don't think the eyes were designed for sitting so close to a tv screen for long periods of time. Eyestrain has become more of a problem in the last few years for me.

I'm the same way.

Another thing I just noticed. On a multiple page thread, the only choice is to go to one of the first 3 pages of the thread, then push the "LAST" link to get to the most current post. Would be nice, and convenient to see, right away, how many pages the thread is and the "LAST" link on the index page.

changes on the fly:

The default seems to now have some blue background in messages where our text is, and somewhat less up by our avatars.
It's a great step forward! - :up - Thanks.

The perception is still a very bright screen.
Hopefully some of the new skins will include somewhat darker left 'n right borders.
Coupled with the above changes, we should be back to comfortable viewing.

Also, keep in mind the many different displays the members use.
For instance, I'm on an old laptop and what vertical angle I view the screen makes a big difference in color perception and brightness!

I never liked the holiday colors in the past and turned them off.
Wow, I had totally forgotten about this situation! - ;)
I believe my alternate color/skin selection has overridden those colors for years. - :up
Halloween and Xmas used to drive me wild.!. - :eek:

more changes

Now, we've added a dark gray bar between posts in a thread, and a gray gradient on the main pages listing all the threads.
Seems to be a good choice of gray, and adds distinction to the forum! - :up

Dark gray background in the quotes seems a bit too dark, but again, it adds emphasis so it's a nice improvement.

Thanks. - :up

Howdy everyone!

As you can see I put a lot of work into our new look and judging by the feedback most folks are happy with it. As I said when I announced the upgrade here a few weeks ago that Rome was not built in a day... and I think that was true for our new SatelliteGuys look as well!

I understand nobody likes change but this was a move we had to make, to be honest I was trying to hold off making this move

Besides polishing the new SatelliteGuys look I also added 4 new styles as well for those of you folks who want something different. :)
The new styles are...
SatelliteGuys Black
SatelliteGuys Blue
SatelliteGuys Red
SatelliteGuys Green

So for now I think I am done making changes to the looks. The new software has been installed however many of the new vBulletin 4 features and settings have not been configured yet. This is something I will be working on over the next few weeks.

Thank you guys for your support and feedback the past few days!

$64 question:

I look at other apps on my desktop, and they have skinny letters on a white background.
Why don't they bother us?

Maybe all SatGuys needs is a border (?) - :up

Like Scott said, it's a work in progress.
I'm looking forward to discovering the new functions and features.
There's no deadline, so they'll become apparent over the next couple of weeks.

sarcasm alert!!!!!!

I'm opposed to any change or improvements, even if it makes it easier or more attractive for new members. Matter of fact if we could refer to all the old cells on the old board instead of the new cells and tab locations that would be great:rolleyes:

coming along very nicely

Now that we have some skins to choose from, I'm test-driving the Blue.
However, the default is much improved, so the jury is still out on a choice between the two.

Two questions remain:
- is that skinny / light font changeable? It looks taller to me than the old forum, but being skinnier, it seems harder to read. (narrower stroke width)
- can a thin horizontal line mark the transition from a forum post to the posters signature? Kinda looks like there is one, but hard to tell. Else, maybe a slightly different back ground for the sig might help. It's annoying when some members sigs are messages in the same size font as their post.

I like it better now!

As tvropro said- Great Scott! Thanks. Background now easier on tired eyes. To reiterate Anole: Your efforts are appreciated..

Just happened to see the skins available. (bottom of page) Just tried the Black one, I like.:) will have to see what the others are like. Thanks again Scott!:up:up just did, I think they are beautiful, and have taken the eyestrain away.

Just happened to see the skins available. (bottom of page) Just tried the Black one, I like.:) will have to see what the others are like. Thanks again Scott!:up:up just did, I think they are beautiful, and have taken the eyestrain away.

I can not find how to change the theme?

Is there some kind of a time limit thing now? I have had to log back in when coming back after being away for a while and refreshing the browser window.
This is still happening to me. Anyone else experiencing this?

Getting used to the changes and liking the new color schemes.

Where have the card games gone? Missing my card fix!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts