New Satellite Guys Format

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well I acctually find it faster now and all the info horizontally completely in the screen no need to scroll sideways now. if anything the secondary menu at the top where it says chat room some of the items are superimposed together. but i never use that section so no biggie for me. i use WinXP SP3 with latest IE8.

I see the new one as an improvement , thanks to everyone who was/is involved including the supporting members.

Well I like everything except the white background. That is my biggest gripe with several websites though.

I have to agree on the background; hopefully there's a way to change it somewhere in the settings or something that can be changed later.

The white background almost blinded me last night, i usually check various forums late at night with the lights out and i gotta say this is the hideous background colour i have seen in a long time, the whiteness of it all hits the retinas pretty bad.

I am probably in the minority here, but I find the new look a bit harder to read. I've actually had to use the page zoom function (in the browser) to zoom to +144%. I think the blue text on a white bkgnd is one of the worst, for me, color combinations to be had. I would think there would be a way to select background and text colors the way it's selectable to show # of posts per page, (CSS profile via cookies?)) Another problem I have is the members handle/name. Blue text and smaller than the post text. If blue is the color How about midnight blue?

Yeah, me , too !
This is tough on my eyes.
I ditto this. I much preferred the old colors, much easier to read, for me.
The eyestrain here is intense.
Medium blue on a light blue or white BG is BAD for me.
Should incorporate a way for members to select their preferred colors, text and BG. The same as preferred # of posts per gage. (CSS and cookies??)

It is now the same color background we had on the old site. ;)

I think I was using sat guys classic look or something before and not the standard. I'm getting old so I may be wrong on that. The white background was blinding last night on the htpc and the 65in display in a dark room. I have turned the contrast down now on the laptop and bigscreen's pc settngs. It is kinda hard to read now from 10 ft on the bigscreen with light background will have to stick to the laptop.

Yes, I like dark colors better, I sit in a dark room and this is like staring into a 100 watt light bulb.

It is pretty though, I got to give it that. Just too bright.

I also miss the forum jump thingie that was at the top, I'm finding it difficult to navigate for some reason. Maybe it's just me.

I very much like the attachment manager. I can easily locate and reuse old images from old posts over again. Very nice..

:)

First impression is Am I in a different place?,, but once you begin to play around its fine. I like it! Changes are great once in a while!!

I don't think they're done

Some things have been fixed from when the new version first came up on Saturday.

I noticed that the Reply To Thread button did NOT put you into the editor yesterday, and today it does.
I had to select the Advanced Edit mode to do what I wanted.

Also, at first the forum was dog-slow.
I'm not sure if that hasn't been a bit improved.
Jury is still out.

The new default font is larger and pleasant, but if you had trouble reading the old forum, couldn't you just tell your browser to make the text bigger?

The second most inconvenient thing, is that each line item, each thread, seems to take much more space vertically.
So, fewer threads show up in my browser window at one time.
It's sort of like looking at the world through magnifying glasses.
Probably nothing we can do, as the envelope icons are now bigger, too.
Shame the darned green light/dot that says a member is on line actually got smaller inside a thread. - :(

And the number one undesirable trait, is the new color palette.
I'm sure that was chosen for us as the default.
If there are other user-selectable color choices, please let us know where to find them.
I just assumed they hadn't been loaded yet, so I wasn't really concerned.
However, it's worth mentioning, just in case anyone in charge thought default was okay. - :rolleyes: - :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts