New satellite system in RV--HELP!!!!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

FulltimeRVer

Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Never had satellite before. I am installing in our trailer a system that will have one DVR in living room and one basic in bedroom. Want to be able to view different programs in either spot. I have a connection point at the rear of trailer that has a cable connection and a satellite connection. DirecTV sent me a 3 LNB dish and a tripod. Inside the trailer I have two switch boxes that control each tv as far as which incoming signal goes where. My choices are cable, ant, sat, aux, etc. I don't have any idea of how to wire the system up. Am I going to have to run three cables from the dish into a 3 way splitter or do I have to have a separate connection point for each LNB? I don't understand how to get separate programming to each tv. HELP!!!! Thanks for any help that anybody may be able to offer.
Ray

Thanks for the reply. I was beginning to think that I had BO. There were so many folks reading but no responses. So does that mean that if I have the dish mounted on a tripod say 50 feet away from the rv that I have to have two or three cables running to the rv? Or is there a way to run one cable to the rv then split the signal after it enters.
Ray

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)