New satellite system in RV--HELP!!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FulltimeRVer

Original poster
Jan 19, 2008
Never had satellite before. I am installing in our trailer a system that will have one DVR in living room and one basic in bedroom. Want to be able to view different programs in either spot. I have a connection point at the rear of trailer that has a cable connection and a satellite connection. DirecTV sent me a 3 LNB dish and a tripod. Inside the trailer I have two switch boxes that control each tv as far as which incoming signal goes where. My choices are cable, ant, sat, aux, etc. I don't have any idea of how to wire the system up. Am I going to have to run three cables from the dish into a 3 way splitter or do I have to have a separate connection point for each LNB? I don't understand how to get separate programming to each tv. HELP!!!! Thanks for any help that anybody may be able to offer.
Ray

Thanks for the reply. I was beginning to think that I had BO. There were so many folks reading but no responses. So does that mean that if I have the dish mounted on a tripod say 50 feet away from the rv that I have to have two or three cables running to the rv? Or is there a way to run one cable to the rv then split the signal after it enters.
Ray

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)