New Server Info and Thanks!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
with VBSEO did that also cause problems with the outbound email alerts for threads?
Code:
Centex has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - Sling adapter and Dish Online issues - in the The Dish Network Forum forum of SatelliteGuys.US.

This thread is located at:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/265857-sling-adapter-dish-online-issues-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:
it didn't strike me at first.. but if you look at the URL more closely, the real thread is at this url:
Code:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/265857-sling-adapter-dish-online-issues.html
its missing the "dish-netowork-forum" part... and so isn't taking me to the correct page when I click on them.. but instead to a 404.

vBSEO has been re-enabled. Man I can't believe how much CPU that one program uses!

Optimize your forum by disabling vbSEO (or why I deleted vBSEO from my big board) - Admin Zone Forums

Have you considered possibly adding vBOptimise from Dragonbyte tech?
vB Optimise Pro - DragonByte Tech | vBulletin Mods & Addons

Check out how much they are saving on resource statistics:
vB Optimise - Resource Statistics

I think these optimizations could help.
Also using litespeed might be a better option than apache.
Some members (web host providers) claiming they are able to reduce resource usage by 50%.
Less strain on the machine.
Web Hosting Talk - The largest, most influential web hosting community on the Internet

Thanks Icewolf,

The other night when we had the 6,000 people online with by turning off vBSEO our server load dropped by close to 70%!

We are using NGINX as our webserver.

BTW good news, it appears that our new server will be arriving at our new ISP on Monday! (And then once that new server is online then we don't need to worry about things anymore) :D

Nice Scott, looking forward to see how Liquid Web treats you.
I am planning to either get WiredTree or LiquidWeb :)
If Liquidweb does well for you guys then I will switch my website to LW too hehe :D.
I run vBSEO for my forums and I have to agree with you, it's a resource hog!
Maybe if you have an affiliate link I can certainly use that too :) I wouldn't mind helping out ST any way I can. I love this community since it's been very informative and very helpful over the years that I've joined.

Just checked the FedEx website and it shows the status as follows...

On FedEx vehicle for delivery - Scheduled for delivery next business day.

Yippie! :D

Yippie, the new server has been delivered to our ISP.

Now we need to wait for them to install it and set it up. From there we will be loading the OS from remote and moving all data from our servers to the new servers. I am hoping we are on the new server in about a week. :D

Scott Greczkowski said:
Yippie, the new server has been delivered to our ISP.

Now we need to wait for them to install it and set it up. From there we will be loading the OS from remote and moving all data from our servers to the new servers. I am hoping we are on the new server in about a week. :D

Awesome!

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

Just formatted the drives on the new server.

I am told that the conversion to the new server could be done within the next few days!

Exciting times ahead!

Not at this time. We were paying over $300 a year for the chat room which went unused most of the time. Since DISH discontinued their chats on TV there has been no need for us to have a chat function here.

Thank you to Steve L for your support on the new server.

Work continues on the new server today. Then the fun of transfering 59 GB from Dallas, TX to Lansing,MI of attachments starts. :D

Was running vBoptimize for awhile now, but over the weekend I upgraded to the pro version.

In addition this week I switched over our search from the built in vBulletin search to the more robust Sphinx search. :)

In addition on the old server we were using a combo of NGINX and Apache for our web servers, now on the new server we are 100% NGINX. This is great for speed, but the lack of Apache has caused an issue with the "New First Post" feature. We are told by vBSEO it is because we are running vBulletin 4.1.2 and that this problem is corrected in vBulletin 4.1.5. (And now 4.1.6 is out) so looks like tonight I will have to update to it. The new version of vBulletin has a new editor in it which unfortunately will take some getting use to by some folks.

Was running vBoptimize for awhile now, but over the weekend I upgraded to the pro version.

In addition this week I switched over our search from the built in vBulletin search to the more robust Sphinx search. :)

In addition on the old server we were using a combo of NGINX and Apache for our web servers, now on the new server we are 100% NGINX. This is great for speed, but the lack of Apache has caused an issue with the "New First Post" feature. We are told by vBSEO it is because we are running vBulletin 4.1.2 and that this problem is corrected in vBulletin 4.1.5. (And now 4.1.6 is out) so looks like tonight I will have to update to it. The new version of vBulletin has a new editor in it which unfortunately will take some getting use to by some folks.

Great news, because I really rely on the "New First Post" feature.... :up

The site will be down for about 10 minutes (hopefully shorter) while we upgrade from vBulletin 4.1.2 to vBulletin 4.1.6. Hopefully this will fix the go to new posts issue. :) I plan on doing this work around 8PM ET.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts