New Server Ordered!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought you would have shipped it to LER.

Ler has a lot on his plate at the moment, and I need the machine to record things for insurance reasons.

I can load the OS and get most of it setup. Ler can access the machine from remote and do what he needs to do, which is ok by him. (I understand last time he wife was mad as the fans on the server sounded like they had a 747 taking off in their living room)

The cost of shipping it is too great, but that is one of the cool things about UNIX you can be anywhere to administer it. :D

I think the new server will be mainly used for the SQL (Database) and the current / old server will be used for the Apache (Web) based activity.

Ler has a lot on his plate at the moment, and I need the machine to record things for insurance reasons.

I can load the OS and get most of it setup. Ler can access the machine from remote and do what he needs to do, which is ok by him. (I understand last time he wife was mad as the fans on the server sounded like they had a 747 taking off in their living room)

The cost of shipping it is too great, but that is one of the cool things about UNIX you can be anywhere to administer it. :D

Yeah, things are a zoo here at work, and ssh works wonders :)

And yes, the wife did whine about the noise :)

LER

So when she whined about the whine, you gave her some wine?

Sorry, bad- but couldn't resist.

The server is scheduled to arrive here in Connecticut on Tuesday. I would like to have it back in the mail on its way to dallas on Friday.

Lets see how we do. :D

Can't wait to see what that baby can do.

I can't wait to get the new server.

Our SQL has been giving us an issue today which slowed us down for a bit, but I killed off what was slowing it down and now we seem to be a lot better. :)

Yeah you should look at also have a tape back up as well and look at the Intel Duo Cores instead of AMD..

Being doing a lot of clean up and updating of stuff behind the scenes getting ready for the new server. :)

I plan on doing more work tomorrow and updating some more of the back end services including the latest PHP and also an updated version of our caching software.

When this is all done (and the new server is in) this place is going to scream! (especially if your a pub member... while working tonight I did notice some slowdown due to the external syndicated ads, but unfortunatley nothing we can do about those since they are not our servers)

Hall what part of Ler didn't want it at his house don't you understand? :)

These servers are loud and LER is busy with his real job, so he don't have the time to do all of it. I have been screwing around with setting everything up on a machine here, and feel like I got a good handle on things. Ler will just need to do his magic hardening of security and few other small things and then it will be ready to go. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Can't open new posts

Editing Posts

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)