New Service in Birmingham, AL?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rallen122

Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Recently, I was told that we are getting ready in March or April to have an upgrade opportunity for 99.00 to get a ton of HD Channels. I would welcome anything to increase our HD experience. Can anyone give me insight into whats coming?

Thanks

rallen122 said:
to get a ton of HD Channels.
I wouldn't go straight to ton, but Birmingham is scheduled to get its HD locals via D* in April or May of this year. You will need a new AT9 dish and and H20 receiver.

I recently signed up with D* and they have a deal going right now for a free (after rebate) H20 mpeg4 HD reciver and the 5 lnb dish and was told I could get locals out of Birmingham in April. I switched from E* for that single reason. I did have to fight a little for the 5 lnb dish. If you go with them, make sure you insist on getting the 5 lnb dish with your unit. I also got two R-15 DVR units for $99 each. I'm finally going to get the major network channels in HD. I was told April launch for HD in Birmingham from about 5 different D* employees. Oh.. and until then I qualified to get them out of New York.

emu1 said:
I recently signed up with D* and they have a deal going right now for a free (after rebate) H20 mpeg4 HD reciver and the 5 lnb dish and was told I could get locals out of Birmingham in April. I switched from E* for that single reason. I did have to fight a little for the 5 lnb dish. If you go with them, make sure you insist on getting the 5 lnb dish with your unit. I also got two R-15 DVR units for $99 each. I'm finally going to get the major network channels in HD. I was told April launch for HD in Birmingham from about 5 different D* employees. Oh.. and until then I qualified to get them out of New York.

Actually, you are probably only getting NBC and Fox (they're both O&O). ABC33/40 and CBS42 will automatically deny all waiver requests.

Once again I think the "ton" refereed to, is really the 1500 HD LIL and 150 HD national total DirecTV capacity that they are talking about.

Actually, you are probably only getting NBC and Fox (they're both O&O). ABC33/40 and CBS42 will automatically deny all waiver requests.

Do we "have" to take the localsHD? Right now I get all 4 NY feeds, so your saying I'm gonna lose 2 when D* "upgrades"? Some upgrade! Guess I'll move again

I was told we would have a choice, but had to pick one set, could not get both sets of locals. But that info came from a CSR so....

I currently am getting all 4 major network channels from NY in HD. ABC and CBS allowed those waivers to go though. So I don't see why that would change any when Birmingham locals go live.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts