new set up.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tomboy5740

Original poster
Jul 25, 2009
Canada
Hello all. I have just bought a Sony Blue Ray Disc/DVD Home Theatre BDV-E500W.
And a Samsung 46" LED 6000 series. I was told I should buy a HDMI cable, so I did(6.5').
Since this is the first time ever using such equipment, I wouldn't mind a little feed back as to how to set up the sound system, TV, computer and True Free to Air receiver.
I would like to watch TV from my True Free to Air, Coolsat 6000, using my 10' mesh dish with LNBF, but don't know how to hook it up to the new TV and Sony sound system.
I would also like to watch TV from my computer, but don't have an HDMI input or a DVI input, just an S-Video input.
The TV will have 4 HDMI imputs, a DVI imput and an S-Video imput. I would like to buy a card for the computer that would accomodate HDMI, but don't know if it would work. My computer is about 2 1/2 years old, HP Pavilion M7490N, with dual processors and 3 gigs of RAM.
Any thoughts?

I don't do FTA, so I am not going to comment there.

Your TV (UN46B6000) has a PC input which would take a VGA output from the PC. In order for that to work, you need to add an audio lead from the speaker outputs to one of the audio input jacks on the receiver. This would require switching both the TV and the receiver, but wouldn't require additional equipment.

If you are determined to upgrade your PC, it becomes more complicated. You need something like a PCI Express-16 port. The specs page on your machine says it has one, but it is in use. See: HP Pavilion Media Center TV m7490n Desktop PC - Product Specifications - c00617494 - HP Business Support Center

However, this is likely being used for the existing GE Force 7300 graphics card. You should be able to replace this with a better card for around $200.

I thank you jayn_j

I appreciate your feed back. I see that the VGA will work. I just need to purchase a computer dedicated to the TV. The wife likes to use the computer sometimes, so having 2 of them would probably be a solution. Just not a very expensive one!

Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)