New Setup Question (HR34 Based)

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeremiahpreston

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 15, 2007
OK so I am going to be updating to the HR34 and was originally thinking of also getting a second HD DVR for the bedroom but DirecTv is telling me that if I have the HR34 in the living room and a "standard" HD box in the bed room I will be able to pause live TV, set recordings and all of that good stuff from the "standard" HD box in the bedroom. So it essentially turns the "standard" HD box into a second HD DVR...Can anyone confirm this? I am hoping to place the order tonight... Any help would be a GREAT help.

jeremiahpreston said:
OK so I am going to be updating to the HR34 and was originally thinking of also getting a second HD DVR for the bedroom but DirecTv is telling me that if I have the HR34 in the living room and a "standard" HD box in the bed room I will be able to pause live TV, set recordings and all of that good stuff from the "standard" HD box in the bedroom. So it essentially turns the "standard" HD box into a second HD DVR...Can anyone confirm this? I am hoping to place the order tonight... Any help would be a GREAT help.

No. It can do virtually everything EXCEPT pause, rewind, fast forward live tv.

So I had it all set up and they are hitting me with $99 for the HR34 which is fair... BUT they are also attempting to get another $50 to install it. Any suggestions on getting that removed? Anyone have any luck getting the $50 removed? I am OK with another 2 year commitment but the $50 install is a bit out of line in my mind. Any help / input would be great.

jeremiahpreston said:
So I had it all set up and they are hitting me with $99 for the HR34 which is fair... BUT they are also attempting to get another $50 to install it. Any suggestions on getting that removed? Anyone have any luck getting the $50 removed? I am OK with another 2 year commitment but the $50 install is a bit out of line in my mind. Any help / input would be great.

It's actually going rate. Some have gotten it removed, some haven't.

$150 is still well worth it. There is nothing Like it!

$150 is still well worth it. There is nothing Like it!

At this point I am begging to differ... It was installed at my new house on Friday, we moved Sat / Sun so I did not get ANY time with it due to moving all the crap in. With that said over the last 3 days I have reset the damn thing 4 times, guide freezes, seems SLOWER than my old HR21 that it replaced and I am regretting every second of the two year contract with this POS box that I have left. Then come to find out DirecTv charges for the RVU function (selling point for me because I have a new Samsung TV that supports RVU and I was told that there is NOT a charge) so this is a COMPLETE disaster on my end. I know that DirecTv would never be so kind as to have a "Trial Period" that I would be able to return this POS box, keep my old setup and NOT have a miserable 2 year contract...

At this point I am begging to differ... It was installed at my new house on Friday, we moved Sat / Sun so I did not get ANY time with it due to moving all the crap in. With that said over the last 3 days I have reset the damn thing 4 times, guide freezes, seems SLOWER than my old HR21 that it replaced and I am regretting every second of the two year contract with this POS box that I have left. Then come to find out DirecTv charges for the RVU function (selling point for me because I have a new Samsung TV that supports RVU and I was told that there is NOT a charge) so this is a COMPLETE disaster on my end. I know that DirecTv would never be so kind as to have a "Trial Period" that I would be able to return this POS box, keep my old setup and NOT have a miserable 2 year contract...
You can call for a replacement if its not working properly.

Define, normal? Its not fast to begin with , that we know.

But I only had to reboot mine once, and that was because of a software update. Otherwise I have no complaints about its operation.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)