New Smart Cards

y?

it's just the card Dish sends you to stick in your reciver

I didn't make the rules. Ask the boss:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/satelli...liteguys-rules-updated-august-3rd-2008-a.html

"A note on Smart Card Talk / Discussion
At SatelliteGuys we do not allow the discussion of Smart Card security technology. As we have grown we have learned that even the most honest discussions on Smart Cards eventually turn into questionable discussion bordering on hack talk... And that's not what SatelliteGuys is about."

It will be very hard to follow that rule in the next few months since E* will be replacing the smart cards and there will be questions and comments about the replacement cards.

RandallA you're exactly right. Which was really my point for bringing it up (although I was not very clear about my intentions). My guess is that it is going to be a legitimate topic for discussion for the near term.

After my 722 got the new turbo software (6.10) there was a message on my screen about the smart card not authorized for the channel (OTA Local), use the up/down arrow or please wait. 3 or 4 minutes later the picture returned. If my wife turned on the box first Dish would have been called and screaming would follow. A reboot brought the same message, so I let it sit to see if "please wait" really worked.

Here is a picture

Attachments

• DN_Purple_N3_SmartCard_Swap_v2.jpg
    DN_Purple_N3_SmartCard_Swap_v2.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 686
So you are saying that any receiver is going to need this new smart card? I have a 722 and a 625 that I got within the last two years. Neither one came with a smart card. Am I going to have to use this new smart card for both?

NEW CARDS

So you are saying that any receiver is going to need this new smart card? I have a 722 and a 625 that I got within the last two years. Neither one came with a smart card. Am I going to have to use this new smart card for both?
YES & YES..they have internal cards...after the swap, they will have a card in the slot.

It is, however because of the card swap which has finally started I am keepiing a carefull eye on it to make sure the discussion does not take an unecessary curve.

It is, however because of the card swap which has finally started I am keepiing a carefull eye on it to make sure the discussion does not take an unecessary curve.
Then why not insert a note at the top of the thread, or make a sticky thread that states the thread is only to discuss who is getting the card, what it looks like, what receivers its for, and nothing more (such as technology and logic levels).
That way we don't have to worry about what is acceptable or not, after the fact.

:clap:dev

Well if you want to know how to crack the smart card here it is

1 take the card and bend it??

2 notice the crack that just happen?? now you have a crack smart card it will not work thou??

3 forgot about it just put the new card in and be happy that it works:hatsoff::idea:mad:party

On my 722, after the Turbo upgrade, when I go to the DVR menu screen to select the movies and entertainment on demand screen, I get a message stating that my smartcard is not authorized to access this feature. What's up with that? Never had this problem before. I'm not even ordering anything, but just going to the menu screen to see what is available. Was trying to see if "The Legend" was available after the upgrade.

On my 722, after the Turbo upgrade, when I go to the DVR menu screen to select the movies and entertainment on demand screen, I get a message stating that my smartcard is not authorized to access this feature. What's up with that? Never had this problem before. I'm not even ordering anything, but just going to the menu screen to see what is available. Was trying to see if "The Legend" was available after the upgrade.

This is part of the software upgrade to 6.10 and Turbo. Same thing has happened to all the rest of us as far as I know. You will now use channels 501 for VOD movies, not the Dish on Demand as was before. Legend will show up on channel 501. When you get it, you will see it there. Nick.

I have a 622 receiver that lost audio. I received my new replacement receiver today. It has a purple smart card in it. The receiver I sent back did not have one. I called tec support about it, and he told me I had to have the card to get the new channels that are coming.

Well guess what. After my reply to Jeff yesterday, Dish made a liar out of me. Tonight I checked Dish on Demand in the DVR menu and there are several movies back and no "smart card warning" that we had before. So I guess that was a temporary issue after 6.10 was sent. I also had nothing in the "tv entertainment" section, but now have several Olympics clips.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts