New Smart Cards

Look at the HDMI jack - is there a screw right above it?
I had an original "A" and it had the screw and a failed HDMI jack. The problem was that the jack was soldered to the board at an angle and when it was screwed to the back panel, it stressed it and pulled the leads off the circuit board.

Plug it in and aim that Dish. :D

I have the Dish but no smart card, but thats going to change this weekend. :D :D

I hope this means Scott that we will soon have your unbiased view point on the new Eastern service in terms of how easy to aim the 1000.4 sat dish, the Picture quality of the new eastern arc , etc? I am especially wanting to know if the sd channels in mpeg 4, are better looking than the mpeg 2 sd channels. I would really like to read that review. :)

I hope this means Scott that we will soon have your unbiased view point on the new Eastern service in terms of how easy to aim the 1000.4 sat dish, the Picture quality of the new eastern arc , etc? I am especially wanting to know if the sd channels in mpeg 4, are better looking than the mpeg 2 sd channels. I would really like to read that review. :)

EXACTLY what I wanna know! :D:D:D I got a 1000.2 with plugged in 61.5. Hope the receiver will try to get some new SD Mpeg4 channels from 61.5 to see the difference. I might have to cover that 129 eye to force it then.

My first 622 lasted about 6 months before the HDMI connection failed. The second one lasted about 18 months until the hard drive failed. Before I send it back I'll try one last time to reserect it so I can transfer the recordings to the external hard drive.

I have had 3 receivers (622)s in the last 6 months mailed to me because the HDMI connection failed.:mad:

EXACTLY what I wanna know! :D:D:D I got a 1000.2 with plugged in 61.5. Hope the receiver will try to get some new SD Mpeg4 channels from 61.5 to see the difference. I might have to cover that 129 eye to force it then.

There are no SD MPEG4 on 61.5 - except for SD Locals.

The SD MPEG4 channels are on 72.7 and require that you have already received the new smart card.

I hope this means Scott that we will soon have your unbiased view point on the new Eastern service in terms of how easy to aim the 1000.4 sat dish, the Picture quality of the new eastern arc , etc?
Thats what I am (pardon the pun) aiming to do. As I said I have the Dish now and am just waiting for the Smart card which is supposed to be here on Saturday. :)

Do we know if the software will show a preference for the MPEG4 SD if we have 72.7 plus 110, 119, and 129? In other words, if we have receivers with the new smart cards (two of mine do), and point a wing dish at 72.7, will we be able to view the MPEG4 SD without having to put foil over the LNB on the Dish 1000?

Do we know if the software will show a preference for the MPEG4 SD if we have 72.7 plus 110, 119, and 129? In other words, if we have receivers with the new smart cards (two of mine do), and point a wing dish at 72.7, will we be able to view the MPEG4 SD without having to put foil over the LNB on the Dish 1000?

I would think that IF you could just aim the side sat dish to 72.7 and had the smart card, it would still pick up the 110/119 channels first on a dish 1000/1000.2. IF you use the new 1000.4 sat dish , it would pick the 72.7 and 77 sats over the 119 or 110 that you used for the side sat. I think that each DISH triple configuration( 1000.2/1000.4 ) sat dish, will pick first what sats they are designed for, over another dish hooked up to it, if it is duplicates of the same channels. It is like a built in dishpro plus 44 switch .

I'm waiting on a replacement 722, because mine died yesterday. Will it have the new G3 smart card built in, since new receivers have the new G3 cards built in since a few months? Or will I still get a new card later on to stick in the slot?

My replacement 622 had the new purple G3 smart card already inserted in the slot.

I'm curious about this too. If I connected a 2nd dish pointed to 72.7 could I get the eastern arc with my new G3 smart card? I'm at 92 W longitude. In theory 72.7 is closer to me than 129, but I don't know if the satellite footprint extends this far west.

I would think that IF you could just aim the side sat dish to 72.7 and had the smart card, it would still pick up the 110/119 channels first on a dish 1000/1000.2. IF you use the new 1000.4 sat dish , it would pick the 72.7 and 77 sats over the 119 or 110 that you used for the side sat. I think that each DISH triple configuration( 1000.2/1000.4 ) sat dish, will pick first what sats they are designed for, over another dish hooked up to it, if it is duplicates of the same channels. It is like a built in dishpro plus 44 switch .

Actually, my set up includes a DPP44 switch. What I am considering doing is swinging the 61.5 wing over to 72.7 to have a look at the SD MPEG4 on 72.7, but I do not know if that will work unless I block reception of 110/119. Does anyone know, yet?:confused:

I'm curious about this too. If I connected a 2nd dish pointed to 72.7 could I get the eastern arc with my new G3 smart card? I'm at 92 W longitude. In theory 72.7 is closer to me than 129, but I don't know if the satellite footprint extends this far west.
Sure, try it and you'll be first person who got EA :). Actually, your card should be authorized by Dish before start watching.
So, aim the dish, get good signal, check the channels ( it shouldn't show you pictures, but EPG must be there ) and call Dish to activate.

Will smartcard wipe my dvr drive clean?

Received my purple smartcard today with instruction for install. If I install it will it delete all my stored programs on the hard drive? How about the programming info for recording to the DVR? Thanks.

I received a new card for my 622 with a failed hard drive that I already shipped back to Dish and the replacement 622 already has one. Can I use this card if I ever activate one of my old receivers (301,811 or a 508) or is it junk?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)