New Software for 501, 508, 510

Got P223 but haven't been able to find anything new. Maybe just a maintenance upgrade?

Just a word of caution. I had three 301's for about two years that were absolutely flawless. Then comes p206 or what ever it was. Then I got intermittent freezing, signal loss and pixelization. I replaced two of them with 510's about two weeks ago that I have had no problems with so far. Do we really want their sw update that may contain more problems. If it ain't broken don't fix it. Just my $0.02

REB said:
Got P223 but haven't been able to find anything new. Maybe just a maintenance upgrade?
FROM DISH: P2.23 Software Release Notes for the 501/508/510 receivers
Straight from Dish, and provided to you by DBSTalk, here are the release note changes for new software P2.23:

1. PVR references changed to DVR

2. Fixes for possible black screens and possible hard drive errors

3. Puerto Rico checkswitch support (spotbeam)

4. Display DPP44 in checkswitch summary for DPP44 installs

5. Display high temp pop-up / shut-down drive if over-temp.

6. Add Smartcard and Receiver IDs to acquiring pop-up 015

7. Fix Search (Themes) results screen timeout

8. Fix for Search (Themes) memory issue whereby using this feature a lot could cause random EPG, user interface problems such as scrolling run-ons (like a stuck key)

9. Fix auto-tune timers from standby not going back into standby after completion

10. Make Playback Over and Playback Halted screens timeout to view mode

11. Improved channel change time when a lot of DVR events are present

12. Fix a bug where disk spin up icon may stay displayed on screen from screen saver mode

13. Support audio in DISH Home

14. Fix possible "no space on hard drive" and zero-length event DVR recording errors

Cortesy of DBSTALK
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=33191

My thought is it lets installers call in to start activation while the receiver is still coming up.

Why not have number 6? Perhaps if there was a receiver lockup then it would make it easier to have the receiver and smart card number so that Dish could know which receiver was having problems in case a replacement would be needed.

chastulsa said:
FROM DISH: P2.23 Software Release Notes for the 501/508/510 receivers ...
Why doesn't Dish post this kind of info for EVERY sw upgrade? Or, at the very least, make the info available for EVERY one, so that forum mods can pass it on liek this? This is probably the first time I've seen an itemized list like this on any DBS forum.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)