This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

New Software for Hopper Receivers

The latest update turned off Caller ID and TV enhancements on both of my Hopper3 receivers. Trick play still works on all receivers. Netflix continues to work well on both Hopper3 receivers and Joey3 receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Last edited:
Hopper3 U939
Joey 3 U583

Did download this morning.
Have not tested anything yet.
Ha! bookworm370 was psychic!
Just got U939 last night and at least they didn't break the 6TB + 2TB double EHD feature. I still see both EHD's with 8TB total!
(This post was from the beginning of November in the sticky thread.)

Thanks for starting this thread, dweber! It saves me the trouble. Here are the rest of the new software versions that have been posted so far:
Also, my sister's Wally has U827.

I nominate this thread to be the new sticky thread. And, as always:
Moderators: Please change the thread title to add the latest software versions for the other Hopper / Wally models as that information becomes available.
(Hey, it is worth a shot!)

Reactions: Howard Simmons
The latest update turned off Caller ID and TV enhancements on both of my Hopper3 receivers.
Nuts; I tailed to notice that yet. Where do I look for TV enhancements?

So, when Chad said December, he meant December of this year. Uh, HipKat, weren't you on my side in that bet?
Yeah, here it is:
IIRC, the Joey does not have the proper audio chip to handle Prime's audio - the app will never be on the Joey.

Through evolution and the risk of possibly losing money, I would wager this to be incorrect. I would even be willing to bet a pub membership on it.

Oh, you are on! To be clear, we are only talking about the current models of Joey, not any future ones that Dish may come up with, correct?

Okay, so if the Joey 3 does not have the Amazon Prime App by December 31, 2021 then I win?

I will buy you 2 years worth. Yes. Lol. This will be a fun year. I know we both are vested in this and will have a fun year.

I'll get in on that, too

Actually, I have to apologize, I made a mistake about the Prime app on Joeys. Amazon required that the Audio Output of the devices that host the app have Dlby Digital + and only the Hopper 3 has that.

So, how does this work? Do we each owe Chad a one-year pub membership?