New Software: Hopper Duo (U990), Hopper 1 (....), Hopper 2 (....), Hopper 3 (....), Wally (....)

I am having a problem with Prime Time Anytime since the SW update on my H3. When I save the program and try to watch it from the DVR, it does not have a watch option anymore. I can only play it from the Prime time folder. That is bad since that folder only keeps programs from 2-8 days. Now when you save a program from Prime Time it returns to watching the current channel . To save another program you have to push the DVR button, then the Prime time folder, then the program , then the save option. This change is terrible.

I am having a problem with Prime Time Anytime since the SW update on my H3. When I save the program and try to watch it from the DVR, it does not have a watch option anymore. I can only play it from the Prime time folder. That is bad since that folder only keeps programs from 2-8 days. Now when you save a program from Prime Time it returns to watching the current channel . To save another program you have to push the DVR button, then the Prime time folder, then the program , then the save option. This change is terrible.
What happens after the 8 days? Does the watch option appear on the DVR event at that point?

What happens after the 8 days? Does the watch option appear on the DVR event at that point?
Have not experienced that yet. In fact, I have started to duplicate record the network shows I like until they fix it. I will not delete some Prime Time shows and see what happens after 8 days. Basically, the new SW has ruined my use of Prime Time.

Resume button while still recording is gone. After all the years for this to be finally available it is now gone with this latest update. Also you can't save a PTAT program while it is still recording. Worked great since the PTAT feature came out, but not anymore. I know this is minor but I used it all the time.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Is this update going out to everyone? I still haven’t received it. Still have the August software on H3 and 2 4K Joeys.
Yes. It was posted earlier in the thread:
Beginning 10/30, software updates are available for all DISH receiver models. These updates will be automatically pushed to customer’s receivers over the next several weeks, but may be manually downloaded as necessary. ...
So, it may still take a few weeks before it will automatically download to your receivers, or you can try manually forcing the update if you are impatient. Keep in mind that the new version may mess with your PTAT functionality, and break the ability to Resume an event while it is still recording. You may also see HDCP errors when trying to watch 4K events. The trade-off is that it fixes many of the major issues with the previous release, though. So, it is up to you to decide whether forcing the new update is worth it.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes. It was posted earlier in the thread:

So, it may still take a few weeks before it will automatically download to your receivers, or you can try manually forcing the update if you are impatient. Keep in mind that the new version may mess with your PTAT functionality, and break the ability to Resume an event while it is still recording. You may also see HDCP errors when trying to watch 4K events. The trade-off is that it fixes many of the major issues with the previous release, though. So, it is up to you to decide whether forcing the new update is worth it.
BUGS.jpg

Getting two interesting issues now that the software has settled down...

First: When I turn on the TV with the H3 I now get a message from the TV itself every once in a while (about every other day) saying "mode/resolution not supported" and the only way to fix this is to reboot the H3 and then everything will be okay until it happens again.

Second: I have an external HDD hooked up and when I power up any of the Joeys they now say that the drive is spinning up, please wait and to press OK. Once I press OK the Joey acts normally. The H3 doesn't do this. Weird because I'm juat turning on/powering up the Joeys and not accessing the external drive content at all.

We really hate what the latest Hopper 3 has done to accessing and deleting recorded shows. Instead of showing just episodes actually recorded, it now lists a number of episodes to be recorded in the future and also ones already recorded and watched - and you have to scroll this useless list to identify what you have recorded. It wasn't broke Dish, so undo this idiotic fix.

They must have made some changes in how they handle HDCP for 4K programming. I'm now getting HDCP Display errors on BOTH my H3 and Joey 4K. When I get these errors, I am unable to watch their programming. Takes rebooting, switching inputs on my receiver, display on/off and other stuff to get it to work. All of my devices are 4K capable and have worked prior with their programming. The same setups also work for several other 4K sources with zero issues. The issue is whatever change they made to the H3 and Joey 4K is buggy. If I call customer service, it likely will be very non productive as I try and explain 4K HDCP related issues to them. SJ

For me, it fixed Skip Forward when pressing Skip Backward (a major fix for which I am grateful), but "Bar Mode" 4 screen PIP can still crash the Hopper 3 into reboot. That problem needs to fixed next because it interrupts recordings.

FWIW, it was the ONLY time I EVER forced an update (about day ONE of the release) because the Skip Backward problem was driving me crazy. Once installed, it fixed that problem. I prefer to wait and let the system update itself because I don't want any additional problems that Dish can fix before allow more systems to be updated. I hope this is the last time I ever WANT to force an update.

• Sad
For me, the sudden reboot issue I have with the Hopper Duo occurs when I am flipping through the OTA local channels. It doesn't happen every time (thankfully) but when it does, it is really annoying having to wait for the Hopper Duo to reboot before I can get back to changing channels and watching TV.

• Sad
936 is a pain. I was recording / watching multiple college games on Saturday. Watching / scrolling from game to game. Then I'd go back to "game @1" and want to RESUME, Nope!!! have to start over. No RESUME button during the recording process. Will this be fixed ??

How do I go back to the previous version (935??) and keep it there until 936 is fixed. Thanks for all the info y'all provide.

• Sad
936 is a pain. I was recording / watching multiple college games on Saturday. Watching / scrolling from game to game. Then I'd go back to "game @1" and want to RESUME, Nope!!! have to start over. No RESUME button during the recording process. Will this be fixed ??

How do I go back to the previous version (935??) and keep it there until 936 is fixed. Thanks for all the info y'all provide.
There is no going back to an older version

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)