New Software Release 1/13

On that screen, are the Options numbered?
Yes. On the Options pop up, the Manage Recordings button is #4.
I think the Select All option is number 7.
Yes.
Did you try pressing the 7 button (or whatever number it is)?
Yes. Nothing is selected and I am not able to get to the Transfer to External Drive button which is greyed out. This is the same as when I Select the Select All button. All the other buttons are still greyed out.

You wouldn’t be trying this on a program recorded from PTAT, because that’s the only program I can’t select to manage. Everything else works like I would expect, at least on my 4K Joey.

Sorry for the so-so image quality, I’m using my iPad’s camera.
C6AD1660-AC8B-4094-A6D2-0CAC5DA251F5.jpeg

Reactions: charlesrshell
I've found that once I've highlighted the programs I want to transfer, it's really picky about what row you are on before you can move over into the actions box. For example, if you are in the last row, it won't move over into the actions tiles. But if you just move up and then right it will go into the actions area. Did you try that? It's always been that way.

And yes, I have a 6TB and a 2TB both connected for 8TB. You can look up my postings and pictures of the setup in the other thread. Again, I think I just lucked out with the right combination of enclosures and hub but I posted the direct Amazon links to the enclosure and hub that I use.

My HWS does not have a Tools menu, In menu, it is not listed, and I checked the Settings and there is nothing there labeled Update Guide. So, I guess the HWS did not get that option. Oh, I found tools under diagnostics.

Last edited:
On the Wally the DVR menus are acting weird, and maybe they were before but it's new to me. I have 17 episodes of a show recorded. They are all under one icon. When you click on the icon it lists all the shows you have recorded. You select and watch one. When it's finished you get the popup that gives the options to start over, delete, etc, but only for the blink of an eye then the highlight drops down to the list but now the list also contains episodes that you haven't recorded but are available on demand. You have to hit the Cancel button to get back to the menu where you can delete it. I'm beginning to like my old VIP211K more and more and wishing I had it back. This is a mess.

• Love
Reactions: pattykay
Yes. Nothing is selected and I am not able to get to the Transfer to External Drive button which is greyed out. This is the same as when I Select the Select All button. All the other buttons are still greyed out.
Well, after this weird behavior, it fixed itself. First, the Select All button actually worked this time, but my EHD had disappeared! Upon reboot, I am finally able to move that program. It's gremlins I tell you!

gremlin.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Foxbat and pattykay
They’re ok in a stew, but that’s about it.
Is that reference as obscure as I think it is? Was this on the DVD (only) version of Gremlins 2 where the Looney Tunes intro was expanded to include Daffy goofing up the title?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts