New Software Release 1/13

After the update I moved the Ethernet cable from the Top to Bottom RJ45 and it made me reboot the H3. A little pop up that told me that I had to Reboot the H3. And it would not dismiss until I clicked on OK that initiated the Reboot. Never had that happen before. I like it.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

After the update I moved the Ethernet cable from the Top to Bottom RJ45 and it made me reboot the H3. A little pop up that told me that I had to Reboot the H3. And it would not dismiss until I clicked on OK that initiated the Reboot. Never had that happen before. I like it.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk
The Bottom Ethernet port is used for IP Connected Hoppers (Dish Fiber, for example) as well as connecting to Access Points and Ethernet Connections. When you connect your internet to the bottom port, it needs to make sure you're not connecting to a Commercial Headend via IP - hence the reboot

Reactions: charlesrshell
The Bottom Ethernet port is used for IP Connected Hoppers (Dish Fiber, for example) as well as connecting to Access Points and Ethernet Connections. When you connect your internet to the bottom port, it needs to make sure you're not connecting to a Commercial Headend via IP - hence the reboot
Out of curiosity, what would happen if the receiver is connected to both a Commercial Headend and a satellite signal? Would it receive channels from both sources? Or would using the receiver for IP delivered programming kill the ability to use it as a satellite receiver?

Reactions: SandFarmer
Out of curiosity, what would happen if the receiver is connected to both a Commercial Headend and a satellite signal? Would it receive channels from both sources? Or would using the receiver for IP delivered programming kill the ability to use it as a satellite receiver?
That's a good question, I'm not sure

I never heard that there's a preference. But I moved it to the upper jack when the lower one failed. And have been for a while now in troubleshooting. But I never got that pop up until this last update. That's what surprised me and I posted it.

Now a purely technical question: "With two H3's each having 3-4 ways to connect to the Internet, how should the system be connected to the Internet?" "Just asking for a friend . . . "

Thanks.

But I moved it to the upper jack when the lower one failed.
After the update I moved the Ethernet cable from the Top to Bottom RJ45
Okay, I have to know. If the lower jack had already failed (or if you thought it had failed) then why were you trying to move it back to the lower jack now?

I never heard that there's a preference.
But I never got that pop up until this last update.
That is not surprising. The last time I heard anything from HipKat about that Commercial Headend IP connection option, it would only work with Wally and/or Hopper Duo receivers. No other model of Hopper supported it at the time. So, this must be something relatively recent that was added to the Hopper 3.

I was watching a program while it's recording on my J3 which got U584 without my having to do anything. I definitely started playing the recording from the beginning. I also selected another channel. Then I turned the J3 off and went to the H3. The Resume button is back. But alas, it goes to Live. :(
BTW - I tried the Play button workaround, and it also no longer resumes; it goes to live instead. :crying Will this bug never be quashed?
Hey, TheKrell, did you try this?...
Software Version U941 was downloaded on 1/16/2021. The resume option is back for live recordings. You must hit pause before leaving. All good here.

I never heard that there's a preference. But I moved it to the upper jack when the lower one failed. And have been for a while now in troubleshooting. But I never got that pop up until this last update. That's what surprised me and I posted it.

Now a purely technical question: "With two H3's each having 3-4 ways to connect to the Internet, how should the system be connected to the Internet?" "Just asking for a friend . . . "

Thanks.
The best way is with 2 routers/Networks, each Hopper connected to each Network. So, for example, if you have say Comcast, et al and use a Mesh Setup, one to the Comcast with a HIC, preferably and one Hopper to the Mesh Network and using a Duo Hub in lieu of 2 Solo Hubs @ the 42 Switch

Okay, I have to know. If the lower jack had already failed (or if you thought it had failed) then why were you trying to move it back to the lower jack now?

That is not surprising. The last time I heard anything from HipKat about that Commercial Headend IP connection option, it would only work with Wally and/or Hopper Duo receivers. No other model of Hopper supported it at the time. So, this must be something relatively recent that was added to the Hopper 3.
The Hopper 3 was added to Commercial/Headend/Fiber installs about 2 months ago.

What does this new guide look like? I updated the software on my HWS but guide looks the same to me. Only improvemnt I have seen is the DVR now offers to skip more commercials then before.

What does this new guide look like? I updated the software on my HWS but guide looks the same to me. Only improvemnt I have seen is the DVR now offers to skip more commercials then before.
The guide has not changed how it looks.

I'm not sure why it's not showing up on every Hopper. It's supposed to be on every Hopper model and Wallys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)