new software up date for the hr34 this mornimg 0x5c2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not gonna use it, stupid name too. How about fixing the bugs. The last NR was actually a step backward for me. "Stability" fixes, yeah right.

Shame, they don't need to compete on everything with Dish, why go to 3 tuners when you have a successful product with 5 tuners

I am told its a cost saving move. And I am also told that most people don't use 3 tuners much less 5. (As a Hopper owner I can tell them that in my case 3 tuners was not enough.)

Guide blends lines some times when scrolling
Having audio dropouts on AM21 channels and recorded Sat HD channels, as well as a picture/snow/picture/snow handshake flicker that randomly happens. Both require a channel change or stop and start of recording.
Guide is sluggish when AM21 channels are in guide, and you are in the area of local channels.

I am told its a cost saving move. And I am also told that most people don't use 3 tuners much less 5. (As a Hopper owner I can tell them that in my case 3 tuners was not enough.)

they must think folks get Directv for something other than sports.
There are times on Saturday's where the 5 tuner limit is on for hours at a time ;)

Yeah I have 4 or 5 going on a daily basis. Going to 3 would not work well for me.

exactly. At 8:00 (20 minutes from now) I am up to 5 channels being recorded (none are network programming.....thats why the kangaroo never would work for me)

so this is new

If you are recording a program and you happen to tune to it, this popup shows upon the screen (gotta hit exit to make it go away)
(the only bad thing is EVERY time you go to that channel while its recording it pops up like that)

Attachments

• PICT0036.JPG
    PICT0036.JPG
    864.8 KB · Views: 169
I wouldn't get too excited on this software. It actually makes the unit much more unstable and adds nothing of any use. It does establish the new brand name" Genie" Just turn it off and go back to what you were doing before...Seems like they are trying to improve their flat bottom line by introducing less expensive units like the c31 and the 44....The new promotions start 10/10....

so this is new

If you are recording a program and you happen to tune to it, this popup shows upon the screen (gotta hit exit to make it go away)
(the only bad thing is EVERY time you go to that channel while its recording it pops up like that)

apparently this is in the "recording tips" and can be turned off...woo hoo!

This new software is really hosing up right now.....so I had to do a antenna reset because we got a new channel today. So it went though and got the new channel and downloaded guide.

Now none of the VOD works
When you scroll through the guide where the banners normally are they are blank in the guide but if you roll to them they show the info.

So I did a restart....and then the OTA channels gave me error 750 (cant tune to them)
so I reset OTA and redid it and now we're back to the guide looking dorky. Guess I'll wait til later to see if it fills in properly.

a double barreled reset fixed it...cleared out the bugs and now its slowly rebuilding everything :)

I wouldn't get too excited on this software. It actually makes the unit much more unstable and adds nothing of any use. It does establish the new brand name" Genie" Just turn it off and go back to what you were doing before...Seems like they are trying to improve their flat bottom line by introducing less expensive units like the c31 and the 44....The new promotions start 10/10....

I agree. For me, the last two NR's have made things worse for me. Stupid.

Actually I was just told that the HR 34 will not be called Genie but the new HR 44 will take the Genie name.

I am told that the HR 44 is just like the HR 34 but it only has 3 tuners instead of 5.

Do you know anything more Stewart?

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
Bump for Stewart (aka SolidSignal) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts