New Software Updates Discussion Thread

I think you can use the page up/down keys. You just cannot select the text box by left arrow or anything. Were you able to, you could then use the up/down single line scroll. This was true also before 4.43.
-Ken

Your right,Ken, for some reason I had a brainfart, forgot about that, and I have done it in the past a few times.
Dan

That's BCM4500 demodulator chip. I think the counters giving number of re-syncs and transport errors (TEI); usually it happens when bad signal coming from coax/LNBF.

Yeah will be nice when the next update comes out for the 211's due to the snow screen issue they created with the last one.

My Seagate now works without having to unplug/plug in the power cord everytime I want to transfer shows to it.

Cool. Thanks for posting. I haven't turned on the EHD feature because I feel that they're still testing the feature and don't want to pay to test. May have to bite the bullet this week since I'm running out of space on my 622, lots of cartoons in there.

I don't get the spurious "must be authorized" when I touch my external drive now with 443.

My 2 previous 441 receivers now have 443.

LER

Poke,

I just gave up and connected my 211 with components. Hopefully the new update will fix the issue with the HDMI port. I've had my 211 for over 18 months and never had a problem with HDMI until L3.49.

One thing I noticed is that it's more likely to get the snowy screen if you turn on the receiver first and then the TV. Haven't really experimented that much on that theory but I think it's a handshaking issue between the two devices.

Yeah same here the L3.49 has been the 1st update to give me a problem. I'm just glad only one receiver has it and I hope the next update will be out soon.

Well I got L4.33 on the 211 today. I've been turning the TV off and on and have not seen the "snowy screen" with the HDMI connection. I just hope that this is fixed.

and Dish Network needs to get their act together, look at how many version are out there for the 211s.

"At this time L3.45, L3.49, L4.30, and L4.33 will be the valid software versions for the ViP 211/DISH 411."

So, I'm a bit confused on the update for the 5xx DVRs.

List of BootStraps, BuildConfigs and Serial Numbers:
10KB DCDA - 19CB DCZD [2] 1-4000000000

and
List of BootStraps, BuildConfigs and Serial Numbers:
23AB DCDA - 24AB DCXV [2] 55990248-56115994

But, if you go to the TechPortal and the interactive menus for the 501/508
http://tech.dishnetwork.com/departmental_content/TechPortal/content/tech/receiver/501.shtml

You'll see
sysinfo-1-sd.jpg

and
sysinfo-3-sd.jpg

So, that doesn't seem to fit the info for the releases?

Am I just misunderstanding the serial numbers part?
Can someone better explain to me how to tell if/when my receiver will be able to get this update?

Oh, anyone got it yet? Does it seam to fix any bugs from 3.69?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts