New Software Updates Discussion Thread

BuildConfig and Hardware ID are mismatched between RandallA's posts and the 522's screen it appears.

The serial # he lists is without the leading "S00" digits. Using the "68451489" example in the screenshots, it would not receive the updates as it's neither between 1-40000000 or 55990248-56115994.

The serial numbers that I list, even though it says serial number it's the R00 numbers or receiver numbers not the S00 numbers.

Also for the 5xx receivers they list all the bootstraps and buildconfigs. What I do is just put a range so it covers them all but I will begin posting every single one of them to make sure I'm not missing any of them.

The serial numbers that I list, even though it says serial number it's the R00 numbers or receiver numbers not the S00 numbers.

So, I was reading it right. (and the -xx is ignored too)

And the info screen on the portal for the 501 is just inaccurate. The 4.00 revision looked like it was edited instead of a new screen shot, but I wanted to be sure I wasn't just wrong.

Also for the 5xx receivers they list all the bootstraps and buildconfigs. What I do is just put a range so it covers them all but I will begin posting every single one of them to make sure I'm not missing any of them.
My serial number is the problem. :(
3676xxxx, but with a 24AB bootstrap

Hall, it's supposed to be a 501 screenshot, and the software is for the 501x/510 not the 522.

I still don't have this release on my 508. It must be a reallly slow rollout.

I still don't have this release on my 508. It must be a reallly slow rollout.

There's been too many problems with P4.00 and I've seen a couple of beta updates spooling so I'm not sure that P4.00 will make it to everyone. Maybe P4.01 or P4.02 will spool to everyone. :)

There's been too many problems with P4.00 and I've seen a couple of beta updates spooling so I'm not sure that P4.00 will make it to everyone. Maybe P4.01 or P4.02 will spool to everyone. :)

I missed that thanks.

L302 recently went out to vip222. Any idea what issue it was suppose to fix. I saw no difference with the problems I've been having.

L302 recently went out to vip222. Any idea what issue it was suppose to fix. I saw no difference with the problems I've been having.

I'm not an expert here but I had corresponded with Dish about momentary freezes of video on Voom channels on my VIP222. Also minor lip sync issues. When they responded, it was the same day they released L302 and asked if I had the updated software and if it fixed my issues. After a few days of observation I e-mailed them back to let them know that I still had the freeze issues, but that they didn't happen as much or as long as before. Nick.

Hmm. new software for the 1000, 3000 and 4000.
Did they screw up the DST fix earlier in the year?

Anyone get 4.01 for the 50x yet?

"Did they screw up the DST fix earlier in the year?"

That's what all these updates are all about, thanks for the reminder.

So, was it only the x000 models, or do other models need new software to get the end of DST? One would think the fix in January would have been for both the start AND end of DST.

So, was it only the x000 models, or do other models need new software to get the end of DST? One would think the fix in January would have been for both the start AND end of DST.

I'm not sure. I was just wondering why these old receivers were getting new software updates and you answered my question.

Maybe they need to do one for the start and one for the end of DST since these receivers are so old and might not be able to handle too much code.

audio trouble with 722

Has anyone else had audio troubles after the latest Dish software download for the 722? I have lost audio from a number of channels. This changes from channel to channel without any logic. My 722 evidenced this after I scanned locals to add a new station. Thanks.

interesting, at 2am post #132 was me reporting that I just got L447. I wonder what happened, server glitch and restore from backup?

duh. i never noticed there were separate threads. you may delete this and my previous query if you like.

No need. It's not spam, just in the wrong place, which is now fixed. :).

It's also a way to get the thread higher up.

Thanks for understanding.

LER

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)