New Software Updates Discussion Thread

Thanks. I am not even close to that range. Would I expect the update soon? Are the updates usually sent out in this manner?

Yes, that's how the updates are sent. They sent 2 or 3 partial phases (batches) and then they spool it to all receivers (Full Phase). Another batch could go out tonight and if everything goes well, full phase by next week.

I just noticed my dvr software has changed. I was wondering why all the time were messed up. The time recorded now says like 3 or 4 minutes more than what I have them set for. :confused:

wow.... I wondered when they'd get to my range for teh 622.. hehehe

So 448 is supposed to level out the sound a bit? I'll have to check this out when I get home from work if the download came in. That's been my only real annoyance *knock on wood* and hopefully nothing else gets broken.

:)

I have been dealing with jerky video on most of the 129 mpeg 4 channels since I have had my VIP 222. Monsters, Kung Fu, Max HD, FilmF Etc. It would only happen when the channel was first tuned to and would correct itself within a couple of minutes of watching. I e-mailed Dish tech and we corresponded a few times back and forth. I had'nt heard any thing from them lately since the last software update didn't fix the problem. When I checked these channels today after being updated to L3.04, I am no longer seeing the jerky video. Hurray, we may have been fixed. Nick.

P4.02 is spooling for some 5xx receivers. I don't think it's going to everybody but receivers with 'P050'-'P400' only. There's also a partial phase for receivers with P4.01 only.

P4.02 is spooling for some 5xx receivers. I don't think it's going to everybody but receivers with 'P050'-'P400' only. There's also a partial phase for receivers with P4.01 only.

Interesting.
PID=0867h looks like a normal partial release to check for issues.

PID=0861h though looks like these from the 4.00 rollout
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1052153-post55.html
http://www.satelliteguys.us/1084888-post122.html
(note the 10KB-19CB bootstrap).

BUT, it's not skipping 3.69 like it did at the start of 4.01.

I wonder if that means it aboutto be a forced update for anyone that still has 3.69?

I have a VIP 222 and was updated a couple of days ago to L3.04. Since October of 07, I had been e-mailing dish tech about momentary video freezes and jerky video on some Voom channels and a couple of others specific to mpeg 4 only channels on 129. After the last update there was no improvement and they said it probably wasn't software. Now after L.304, I no longer have any jerky video as before. I e-mailed them about it and they answered back right away and said they were pleased my receiver was working correctly now and would pass that info along to their software engineers. L.304 also may have changed the signal meter display to read lower by about 20 from where it was before and there is info displayed about the change when you bring up the meter. The only negative so far was last night, when for no apparent reason video on The Science channel froze and would not move. Audio was fine as was any on screen menus. Tuner 2 was on Food channel and was not affected. I had to reboot to get back vid on tuner 1. FYI for any other 222 owners. Nick

Anybody know what the L4.64 for the 522's and the 625's does?

Is this the new software update in response to the Tivo ruling?

Got L4.36 for the 211 in my main room today. It has a new screen saver that pumps out different tech tips, and lets me know what PPV movies are available.

Also, it seems to have added 77 degrees, TP1 as a signal strength choice. Obviously, my Dish 1000 can't see 77, so I got nothing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)