New Software Updates Discussion Thread

I just noticed something else on the ViP211 today. Now there's a broadband setup and a DishComm setup selection in the installation menu. Is that new?

4.03 for the 50x/510?
Anyone know about it? What's been fixed, added, removed?

I glanced back, and it looks like the test release of 4.02 wasn't so good, and now an even smaller release of 4.03.

Charles,

Scott posted some info about the new software updates in the Pub.

STDog,

4.03 was not mentioned in Scott's post, only the HD receivers. (211, 622/722 and 622HZ).

Charles,

Scott posted some info about the new software updates in the Pub.

STDog,

4.03 was not mentioned in Scott's post, only the HD receivers. (211, 622/722 and 622HZ).

OK, thanks. I was hoping that updates were listed someplace else like the cable companies use WiKi Books web site.

Chill out guys! The easiest way is to keep both threads as stickies so people can find them easily but that's something Scott or the mods need to do. I'm not a mod so I can't lock the thread or make the thread a sticky.

Make suggestions to Scott, he's always willing to listen. For all we know, he's probably working on something to improve the software updates threads already.

I'll delete my post in the other thread.

Well, my 211 that had the L4.36 firmware now has L4.37. The other two are still L4.35. I have no idea what changed. The DishComm and Broadband capabilities are still in the menu.

E* is spooling a beta software update to the BETA TESTERS for the 622/722 receivers. Let's hope L449 doesn't make it to the rest of the receivers and they get it right this time. :)

Last edited:
E* is spooling a beta software update for the 622/722 receivers. Let's hope L449 doesn't make it to the rest of the receivers and they get it right this time. :)

What does this mean? There already is a 449, right? Wonder why a beta one now! Is their a link we can read up on it?

What does this mean? There already is a 449, right? Wonder why a beta one now! Is their a link we can read up on it?

There were problems with L4.49 (initiall reboots, HDMI and EHD) so they probably decided to stop the spooling to all receivers. They are testing a new one to the beta testers (they never find anything wrong):(, then they'll spool it in batches to see how many calls they get and then it will eventually make it to all receivers.

No link, Charles. It's still in beta so we won't get any notes until it's actually spooled to the first receivers.

There were problems with L4.49 (initiall reboots, HDMI and EHD) so they probably decided to stop the spooling to all receivers. They are testing a new one to the beta testers (they never find anything wrong):(, then they'll spool it in batches to see how many calls they get and then it will eventually make it to all receivers.

No link, Charles. It's still in beta so we won't get any notes until it's actually spooled to the first receivers.

OK, thanks RandallA. Yep, I got caught up in that mess the other day. Lotsa rebooting went on.

Based on the receiver numbers you previously posted, they already rolled L4.49 out to most people.

Since I have one 622 with the update (with no problems btw) and my other still with L4.48. Will the next update, if they choose to replace L4.49, be L4.50 or an amended L4.49??

Replacement 722

DirectTV dish on Dish Network system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)