New Sony Grand WEGA(TM) High-Definition Televisions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard the argument about 1080p native and there's a group that claims that given the current HD lite status and the fact that no ones does 1080p, 1080p native will show the defects of the current HD available today. The jury is also still out to see whether HD DVD will be the promised land at full resolution and full bandwith.

toto said:
I cut this from Sony Style the 23 A10 is the first on their site. If memory serves the specs apply to 23 and larger LCDs and the "A" series Grand Wega. Besides the Cinemotion, notice the price drop.

The link doesn't work. If you'll go to Sony style and compare the 23A10 LCD to the $2300 26" you'll find the differences.

i came close to buying the 55 inch for 3000 from crutchfield yesterday. the only think that stopped me is that they do not sell the extended warranty to people in FL or CA.

just got the 55incher a few hours ago. watching nascar now. so far i love this tv. i will give it a review later on this week.

i love this tv so far. as soon as i get my digitial camera back from repair, i will post some pictures of the setup screens and give a mini review.

the 55 inch is plenty big for me. it looks alot smaller in best buy. when they pulled it out of the box, my wife even said - WOW.

korsjs said:
i love this tv so far. as soon as i get my digitial camera back from repair, i will post some pictures of the setup screens and give a mini review.

the 55 inch is plenty big for me. it looks alot smaller in best buy. when they pulled it out of the box, my wife even said - WOW.

What is the model number of your new toy and when are you going to get it calibrated?

i believe i have the KDF-E55A20. will correct when i get home if i am wrong. i might have it calibrated in 4 to 6 months. i think that is the recommended wait time. however the picture right now looks very good. i used the inhd test pattern to adjust.

The KDF50A10s are hitting stores now. And, yes they do include Cine Black Pro. And the price is 2499 for the 50 and 1999 for the 42. 46 5/8"w 32 5/8"h 16 1/8" d 73lbs

i just bought the 55 inch version. the 1080P will be much more expensive at least for a few years. it has improved digital signal processing with improved blacks over the last version. it is sony's answer to the latest TI chip. we love the set. especially for movies. got it at best buy. they have a reduced price and a $200 coupon. bought it on line because they are trying to clear the old ones before they put the new ones in the stores. no one will want the old one once they see the picture on the new version.

And there are salesman telling folks the old versions are better than the new versions. That's what I would call a huge lack of foresight.

sony has improved the digital signal processing. i just bought one and love it. the kds series is going to be more expensive. maybe by a few thousand dollars. current broadcast is 1080i and i don't see 1080p coming for ten years. it should improve dvd's when they start to distribute hi def, but that is pretty far away also, and current dvds look great. best buy has the system on-line, but not at the strores yet because they are trying to clear the old models first. best buy offers a slightly discounted price and a $200 store coupon. black levels are fine, and we can see detail we couldn't with our toshiba direct view. this set is winner, and is sony's answer to the new dlp chips from TI. the 55 inch has an 18% larger screen in area than the 50 inch, and it has a 150 watt bulb over the 100 watt in the 50 inch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts