New subchannel on Pax called "Qubo"

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Was scanning the digital channels on the Dish 811 and I noticed 2 things

-my local Pax actually is now mapped to its analog channel (digital 40 analog 41) but no guide info

on my -2 channel there is something called Qubo and says "coming soon" and has www.qubo.com (-1 has E coast feed of Pax, -3 is west coast and -4 is worship)

This is KPXM I think (I still think of it as KXLI 41 St Cloud/Mpls) :)

It's a television network that will be available next year with children's programming. It's being started up by the Independent Network.

Looks like I is going to be a TVLand like experience for OTA. Here's an excerpt from Wikipedia:
On June 27, 2006, i's parent company announced a comprehensive programming deal with Warner Bros. Domestic Cable Distribution, giving them broadcast rights to movies and programming owned by Warner. Under this deal, Warner movies (including Superman, Superman II, Superman III, Superman IV: The Quest For Peace, Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever, Batman & Robin, 2001: A Space Odyssey, 2010: The Year We Make Contact, etc.) will be broadcast on i, as well as classic series produced or owned by Warner, including Welcome Back, Kotter, Chico and the Man, Head of the Class, V, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Mama's Family, Alice, Wonder Woman, The Wonder Years, Growing Pains, Perfect Strangers and The Wayans Bros.. [5]

On July 5, 2006, a week after the Warner deal was made, i announced a similar deal with Sony Pictures Television, giving them broadcast rights to movies and programming owned by Sony. Under this deal, Sony movies (including Short Circuit, A River Runs Through It, Oliver!, Bram Stoker's Dracula, Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters II, The Mask of Zorro, A Chorus Line, Godzilla, Krull, Sheena, etc.) will be broadcast on i, as well as classic series produced or owned by Sony, including Charlie's Angels, I Dream of Jeannie, Starsky and Hutch, The Partridge Family, Fantasy Island, T.J. Hooker, Bewitched, The Monkees and Silver Spoons. [6]

Shows from the Sony and Warner libraries are beginning to appear on the schedule. Back-to-back episodes of Green Acres are airing on weeknights at 7:00 pm and 7:30 pm, and back-to-back episodes of Mama's Family are airing on weeknights at 8:00 and 8:30 pm. Charlie's Angels started airing weeknights at 9:00 pm on September 25. Also, The Monkees and The Partridge Family air on Fridays at 6:00 pm and 6:30 pm, respectively. The network will be gradually phasing out its existing programming, and shows from the Sony and Warner libraries are likely to dominate the schedule by November 2006. On September 30, Kung Fu will debut on the network with a 3-hour marathon.

Qubo is a new network that will provide bilingual children's programming for NBC, i, and Telemundo - all of it will "champion literacy and values" and comply with federal "E/I" (Educational/Informational) requirements.

Qubo currently appears on the aforementioned networks on Friday (i), Saturday (NBC) and Saturday & Sunday (Telemundo), and will eventually (2007?) be rolled out as a 24/7 subchannel on all i stations. There will also be a VOD package available, which I'm guessing will be bundled with i and all its other subchannels (such as the forthcoming i-health).

Strangely, there is also a rumor floating around that when Sirius Satellite Radio adds video, that they may carry Qubo in some form.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qubo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts