New SW L3.25 for 721

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I had only a 3day guide again this morning,
tried "a hard reboot" (removed AC power for 10 minutes) ...
IT didn't bring back the 9day guide!

But a "soft reboot" (holding in power button for 10 secs) ...
DID bring the 9day guide back (for now)...
I'm sure the 9day guide will fail again BECAUSE they didn't get the software right!

well, L325 is NOW worse than L324!
Every morning I have only a 3day guide and only way to get the 9day guide is to reboot.
PLUS sometimes the reboot doesn't bring it back the 9day guide.
At least with L324 I could just change pip channels and trigger the proper 9 day guide download without a reboot.
All this makes me suspect E* is screwing with the guide stream, because L325 worked for a while, but has NOT worked properly for about a week.
Whatever is causing it, E* if you are listening...
FIX IT!

After about six reboots I got the nine day guide back...BUT...

The next day its a eight day guide, the next a seven day guide, etc. This is happening on both 721's.

I want L323 back...please?

Just an idea...

I looked up Dish Network's transponder assignments. The nine-day guide is listed as being broadcast on sat. 119 tp 18. Since this APPEARS to be the "missing link" in the s/w since L323 I am going to setup an "autotune" timer to tune to this tp (WGN ch 239 or ESPN Alt ch 145) when I am asleep (at work is OK too, but I gave that up!).

I'll report back if it works after a few days.

Last edited:
I get a 1 hour guide lately. Let's just say I'm a little disappointed. Rebooting the receiver fixes it for the time being, but then it just drifts back to a 1 hour guide again.

Check switch passes, no signal blips, other receivers are fine (3 Dish 311s.)

Will Dish EVER fix the 721's

The 721's used to be fine machines but Dish managed to screw them up and it looks as if they are not going to fix them.

Well, I'll be damn'ed if I will switch to a newer model receiver. I will go to Direct TV.

EVERY MORNING : NO 9day guide!
The only way to get it back is ...
do a "switch check" ... then "reboot".
If I just "reboot"... it doesn't work.
OR if I just do a "switch check"... it doesn't work.
HELLO! E* software department! WAKE UP! FIX THIS!
THIS IS YOUR FAULT!
Our 721s WERE working well ....BEFORE L324 AND L325!
E* this IS your mistake!
Step up to the task and DO YOUR JOB!
YOU ARE ACTING LIKE THE CABLE COMPANIES! (big and stupid)
FIX THIS and get our respect back!

Seeing as DirecTV tried to sue me for theft of 90$ a month of service that I was paying for, I don't envision going back to them anytime soon.

I'd love a VIP622, but it isn't in the cards just yet. I do actually own a HDTV now though.

Has Dish Given A Date to Fix Problem by

Has dish given an expected date that they may have the problem fixed by?

I have not heard of one.

Well, my 721 has been awful the past several weeks. I used to turn on ESPNNEWS ch. 142 everynight to see highlights. On all the ESPNs I get "lost lock" screens.
My guide is 2-3 days at best.
I do the check switch, reboot (hold power button off), unplug - none of it is working. I'm missing several channels and my guide.

This has been so frustrating since the 721 has worked so well for me for so long...

Just an idea...

I looked up Dish Network's transponder assignments. The nine-day guide is listed as being broadcast on sat. 119 tp 18. Since this APPEARS to be the "missing link" in the s/w since L323 I am going to setup an "autotune" timer to tune to this tp (WGN ch 239 or ESPN Alt ch 145) when I am asleep (at work is OK too, but I gave that up!).

I'll report back if it works after a few days.

Well the experiment was a total failure!

When I started it on the 13th I had a nine-day guide, ending on next Tuesday. My guide still ends next Tuesday and has shrunk one day, every day, to a five-day guide on both 721's.

HELP!

Guide Down to 3 hours

Yes that is correct. Yesterday, my guide got down to 3 hours worth of data. This has gotten rediculious.

I also think that it is pitiful for dish to mess up what was a great machine and NOT fix it. It is pitiful.

3 hours? more than I get.. my guide data usually has about 1.5 hours of programming.. the last entry segment on the right is 'no information available' when I pull up the guide.

If I wander over there it asks if I want to update the guide.. I've left it for a good half hour and it never updates though. If I reboot the box, I'll get a few days guide (not sure if it's 3 or 9, I haven't checked). The problem comes back in the course of a few days again though.

FWIW, on a limited experimental basis I have found that the front panel (and maybe 'pull the card') reboots do not return the nine day guide, only 2-3 days. It seems that only pulling the plug for 30 seconds or so will restore the "as advertised" guide.

Any word on WHEN it may be fixed

Does anyone have any word on when the problem may be fixed? Seems like Dish just does not give a damn about us. I am about to get the same feelings about them.

The two models 721 and 921 will always suffer from that super-pooper Dish idea to encrypt/decrypt on-the-fly recordings on disk.
A lot of processing - a lot of system resources, a lot of conflicts for memory, semaphores, etc.
Who writing embedded software they knows what I'm talking about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)