New switch problems?

DPP devices DOESN'T require legacy adapter.

I know what you're saying P, but for whatever reason, the the receivers don't see a switch detected when you do a 'check switch' It could be defective, I dunno. It doesn't explain why one will see one satellite and why the other sees the opposite.

To use a Legacy receiver with a DPP Twin, a Dish Pro receiver must be connected to one of the outputs.

Randall, I'm a little confused by that, let me see if I get this right, I need a new (non legacy) receiver connected to the other output for the legacy receiver to see both satellites? So having the two old receivers connected is useless? Would the DP34 Switch help or would I still need a DishPro receiver?

I know what you're saying P, but for whatever reason, the the receivers don't see a switch detected when you do a 'check switch' It could be defective, I dunno. It doesn't explain why one will see one satellite and why the other sees the opposite.

Randall, I'm a little confused by that, let me see if I get this right, I need a new (non legacy) receiver connected to the other output for the legacy receiver to see both satellites? So having the two old receivers connected is useless? Would the DP34 Switch help or would I still need a DishPro receiver?

You cannot use a DP34 switch unless you use a Dish Pro adapter. The Dish Pro receiver is to power the LNB. You need a 301 or a 311 receiver connected to one output and then you can connect one of the 2700 legacy receivers.

Ahh,, Ok, I get it now, so I just need to bite the bullet and grab a used 301 off of Ebay and it will solve my dilema. Thanks Randall. :D

I forgot about the "at least one DP receiver" requirement. The legacy receivers don't by themselves put out enough juice to power DPP equipment.

Replace one of them with a 301/311 or better and you'll be fine.

Smith, the streets of BA must have a better cable company than the streets around here. I almost never see any dishes thrown out.

Comcast is here. :(
Last time I didn't resist and took one D500 with Twin DP LNBF, spent half hour cleaning it, works fine, one thing is missed 'a shoe', perhaps that owner didn't want to have open holes on a roof.

Well on Ebay I saw that the Legacy Twin lnbs are dirt cheap. I think I'll get one and test it out before I buy a 301. I'll keep the DPP lnb around when my parents feel like upgrading to some new equipment :D

Question though, what would I need to do to get the digital satellites in the future as well? Do I need to get a separate dish just to get digital feeds or do the add on lnb's work well enough?

Well on Ebay I saw that the Legacy Twin lnbs are dirt cheap. I think I'll get one and test it out before I buy a 301. I'll keep the DPP lnb around when my parents feel like upgrading to some new equipment :D

Question though, what would I need to do to get the digital satellites in the future as well? Do I need to get a separate dish just to get digital feeds or do the add on lnb's work well enough?

Your already digital. In order to get HD (if thats what you were thinking of) requires a new dish (or wing dish) and new receivers