New TBS Card. Need Help! Any Linux Experts Out There?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
If you bite on a Linux sandwich, you better know how to chew....

Sounds like you took too big of a bite!

To see how well these cards can work, boot on WIN 7/8/10 and download EBSpro software. You will have it up and running in 15 minutes tops. Simple interface to configure LNB type, LO, TP Scan, Blind Scan, spectrum scan, view transport stream tables, watch on VLC, stream on LAN.... blah, blah, blah....

It really doesn't have too be this difficult!

If you bite on a Linux sandwich, you better know how to chew....

Sounds like you took too big of a bite!

To see how well these cards can work, boot on WIN 7/8/10 and download EBSpro software. You will have it up and running in 15 minutes tops. Simple interface to configure LNB type, LO, TP Scan, Blind Scan, spectrum scan, view transport stream tables, watch on VLC, stream on LAN.... blah, blah, blah....

It really doesn't have too be this difficult!

Most Linux stuff is a slam dunk. But stuff like this hasn't been well developed. I hate spending so much time to fix a problem that someone already has a solution, also. "Googling" is fine but that doesn't always give a solution. I'm Linux+ certified thru CompTIA but that doesn't mean that I can solve all problems (no one person can). As for your Windows suggestion, I'm having a lot of trouble making a USB serial port cable to work in Windows 10. Windows 10 sees it but there's some kind of problem with the driver - yes, I have installed the Windows 10 driver. I can't get OpenVPN to work on Windows 10 also (neither can my friend that works as a systems analyst). I'm not the only person having issues with Windows 10. So, I'll stick with Linux.

Besides, I would've preferred a more elegant solution than having to edit all those transponder freqs to make the scanning work.

Last edited:
Linux DVBS packages that I have used had a configuration file with the LNB types and LO frequencies. Maybe a Euro Linux guru will have knowledge of the package that you are using.

The folder or file isn't defined in the process?

BTW... Have a WIN10 desktop with a PCIe Serial adapter card with no com issues.

Getting things into the mainline kernel isn't easy. It takes a lot of time. More then I've got :( so I just use a bitbucket repository, it's free and takes only a second, literally, to maintain.

Others and myself are working very hard to get the state of Linux FTA and ATSC as good as windows or better. But it's only a hobby for us, we all have families and day jobs etc so there is only so much time to go around.

If you are willing to spend some extra effort you can see where we're at. As for hardware support, I work off donations only, I've currently got 20 dvb and atsc adapters all from donations, it's been amazing the support I've received from the community. The 6983 is currently taking up my time, I've almost got it up and running, which IMHO is pretty good considering I'm just an infantryman with no software support from TBS :)

We're getting there.

UDL

Getting things into the mainline kernel isn't easy. It takes a lot of time. More then I've got :( so I just use a bitbucket repository, it's free and takes only a second, literally, to maintain.

Others and myself are working very hard to get the state of Linux FTA and ATSC as good as windows or better. But it's only a hobby for us, we all have families and day jobs etc so there is only so much time to go around.

If you are willing to spend some extra effort you can see where we're at. As for hardware support, I work off donations only, I've currently got 20 dvb and atsc adapters all from donations, it's been amazing the support I've received from the community. The 6983 is currently taking up my time, I've almost got it up and running, which IMHO is pretty good considering I'm just an infantryman with no software support from TBS :)

We're getting there.

UDL

Thanks for your efforts but I still haven't been able to use your modified kernel or software. I tried to do so with Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04 and Debian 8.5. Just can't get it to work. If I didn't have a family I'd research this more. But, I'll just have to live with what I have and live without blindscan for the TBS card.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)