New TBS Card. Need Help! Any Linux Experts Out There?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Tune-s2 will move a motor from the command line. It requires my kernel but can be converted so it doesn't. If you are looking for something that is similar to tsreader and crazyscan all in one then you can use updatedvb with my kernel as well.

UDL
Have you add support for the tbs6983 to the updatedvb ?

I would have to build a new PC box to use updatedvb because it would be risky to install updatelee's kernel on my server box. It might be a well thought out custom kernel but I've tried custom kernels before and it wasn't pretty. I have another box but I need a better video card for it before testing on it. It's financially tuff keeping up with advances in technology and system requirements.

I would have to build a new PC box to use updatedvb because it would be risky to install updatelee's kernel on my server box. It might be a well thought out custom kernel but I've tried custom kernels before and it wasn't pretty. I have another box but I need a better video card for it before testing on it. It's financially tuff keeping up with advances in technology and system requirements.
You could run a desktop build of Linux in virtual box on the server box no risk of messing it up that way and you can delete the virtual disk at any time and start over I have done this many times in Windows when I want to play in Linux and not do an install to the Windows hard drive to dual boot. That way you can install updatelee's special kernel and use tune-s2 and updatedvb just idea for you

Reactions: . Raine and KE4EST
You could run a desktop build of Linux in virtual box on the server box no risk of messing it up that way and you can delete the virtual disk at any time and start over I have done this many times in Windows when I want to play in Linux and not do an install to the Windows hard drive to dual boot. That way you can install updatelee's special kernel and use tune-s2 and updatedvb just idea for you

Sounds like a good idea to try that. I have also tried running Windows 7 in vbox on my server but haven't been able to access the DVB card even though the Linux driver loaded - Windows 7 hardware manager doesn't see the card. I tried installing the Windows 7 driver but Win7 still doesn't see the card.

I have ordered a new mobo/i5cpu/16GBram/cpufan for my other box anyway.

I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow since it appears that the website is down.

user@server1:~/Downloads$ git clone https://bitbucket.org/updatelee/v4l-updatelee
Cloning into 'v4l-updatelee'...
error: RPC failed; result=22, HTTP code = 504
fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly

Virtual box can use USB tuners, but not PCI or pcie cards. In Linux I use qemu to share pcie and PCI cards with the guest. You need to have a motherboard and CPU that support it though. So doesn't really help you. Not sure if there is a way to run a windows host and Linux guest and share a pcie card. I don't really know windows

UDL

Virtual box can use USB tuners, but not PCI or pcie cards. In Linux I use qemu to share pcie and PCI cards with the guest. You need to have a motherboard and CPU that support it though. So doesn't really help you. Not sure if there is a way to run a windows host and Linux guest and share a pcie card. I don't really know windows

UDL

My setup is Linux host with Windows guest. It is my understanding that the guest can see what the host sees.

Looks like virtual box supports pcie sharing in most cases. The caviot that your motherboard and CPU both support vt-d is tricky to find a combo that does.

UDL

I guess I'll have to try again tomorrow since it appears that the website is down.

user@server1:~/Downloads$ git clone https://bitbucket.org/updatelee/v4l-updatelee

I tried again. I'm not sure if the problem is on my end or not. Some searches blame a proxy but I'm not using a proxy. I tried following the info at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/STASHKB/Can't+clone+or+pull+due+to+a+git+outbound+proxy. Based on that link, this is what I get:

user@UbuntuCustom:~$ git config --system --get https.proxy
user@UbuntuCustom:~$ git config --system --get http.proxy
user@UbuntuCustom:~$ git config --global --get https.proxy
user@UbuntuCustom:~$ git config --global --get http.proxy
user@UbuntuCustom:~$ cat $HOME/.gitconfig
cat: /home/user/.gitconfig: No such file or directory

Below is what I get from following the instructions at https://bitbucket.org/updatelee/v4l-updatelee#clone

user@UbuntuCustom:~$ sudo apt-get install git build-essential linux-headers-generic ncurses-dev libproc-processtable-perl fakeroot
[sudo] password for user:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Note, selecting 'libncurses5-dev' instead of 'ncurses-dev'
build-essential is already the newest version.
fakeroot is already the newest version.
libncurses5-dev is already the newest version.
libproc-processtable-perl is already the newest version.
git is already the newest version.
linux-headers-generic is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
user@UbuntuCustom:~$ cd Downloads
user@UbuntuCustom:~/Downloads$ git clone https://bitbucket.org/updatelee/v4l-updatelee
user@UbuntuCustom:~/Downloads$ git clone https://bitbucket.org/updatelee/v4l-updatelee.git
user@UbuntuCustom:~/Downloads$ git clone git@bitbucket.org:updatelee/v4l-updatelee.git
Permission denied (publickey).
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists
user@UbuntuCustom:~/Downloads$

So, unless someone knows a solution, I will abandon this effort.

try adding

--depth 1

to the git clone command, it'll make it much smaller

UDL

I'm trying the "Download repository" link first. I've tried other programs such as rsync and grok-pull. I was going to look for other mirror utilities but I'll wait until a try a few other things. I have a 100 Mb connection and 16 GB of memory with an i5 processor and 14 GB available in the virtualbox guest OS. We'll see how the in-progress d/l works.

So many problems. I know that my dish is pointed at SES3 Ku @103W but I'm not getting the NBC stuff on there with this card. I am getting some stuff but I don't know what this other junk is that I'm getting - maybe occassional feeds? The dish is properly aligned and I get NBC when using the Azbox Elite so what's the deal? The TBS card is incapable scanning properly? A software issue? I'm running a 6922SE on Linux using the latest firmware and latest version of Kaffeine - although scanfile.dvb is out of date (but can be edited). None of these linux dvb utilities are helpful and the documentation isn't all that great either. Blindscanning with this card is a bit of a mystery also. I don't have a Windows box to test with.

Do you have the transponder/frequency in the scan file for Kaffeine? You have to have the frequency, polarity and symbol rate in the file. The file location I gave you earlier is what works for my setup. I do however remember having issues of there being more than one file and location.

For the main two you want:

11760, H, 30000

11880, H, 30000

I happen to be on the computer that I use with Kaffeine, so if I can get it done, I will upload my scan file. It isn't complete, only has been modded for a few of the sats. Takes a bit of time and effort at a couple or more sites to get the right data. Assuming it took, you will need to change the extension to dvb from txt, the forum software didn't like the dvb.

Attachments

• scanfile.txt
    155.7 KB · Views: 186
Do you have the transponder/frequency in the scan file for Kaffeine? You have to have the frequency, polarity and symbol rate in the file. The file location I gave you earlier is what works for my setup. I do however remember having issues of there being more than one file and location.

For the main two you want:

11760, H, 30000

11880, H, 30000

I happen to be on the computer that I use with Kaffeine, so if I can get it done, I will upload my scan file. It isn't complete, only has been modded for a few of the sats. Takes a bit of time and effort at a couple or more sites to get the right data. Assuming it took, you will need to change the extension to dvb from txt, the forum software didn't like the dvb.

Why can't these linux apps blind scan? The card is suppose to be capable of doing so and there is a blindscan app for Windows that comes with the latest zip file for this card. I don't know about Windows but it sure seems like the Linux apps aren't adequate.

Why can't these linux apps blind scan? The card is suppose to be capable of doing so and there is a blindscan app for Windows that comes with the latest zip file for this card. I don't know about Windows but it sure seems like the Linux apps aren't adequate.

I know, but most of us using linux know enough to be able to cure and scratch our own itches. You might check out the source from updatelee's utilities. I haven't looked at them, but I think he has one, if I remember correctly, that will scan and I think he mentioned one for moving the satellite dish somewhere back in this thread or the other one about the motor. You could try compiling them with a standard kernel and see if they work, that way. If my memory serves correctly TBS provides some software with their linux drivers for scanning. Just looked in my files and it appears that have the source code for scan_s2 utility in the tar ball.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)