new to c band, need advice !!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dragon002

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
DONORA PA
i hope some of you can answer this,

i want a way to watch the steelers media uplinks on GALAXY 4R, the info i have is 13K, slot A, 119.465 horiz.

what does this info mean??

i have 2 c-band irds that were given to me as tips for directv installs, they are both marked as having digicipher..

i have a 30 inch winegard dbs dish spare, can that be used or not?
what lnb do i use?
is galaxy 4 r at 99.5 degrees ?

is this even worth my time??

any help would be appreciated

I think you want KU band LNB's

dragon002 said:
i want a way to watch the steelers media uplinks on GALAXY 4R, the info i have is 13K, slot A, 119.465 horiz.
i have 2 c-band irds that were given to me as tips for directv installs, they are both marked as having digicipher..
what lnb do i use?

here is a link for you
http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/United-States.html

G4 on C-band needs a BIG Ugly Dish (Affectionally called a BUD)...
G4R, I think is an little dish bird on KU Band. I know some of the FTA members are experimenting putting C band Lnb's in their little dishes, but they say there is not much on C=band with little dish sats.. I use my Big dish KU for FTA experimenting (I am a 4DTV user) but have ordered a mororized winegard 31" dish setup to dedicate to FTA (with an QPH031 INVACOM KU LNB) That may be the Winegard you have.

Perhaps someone with more knowledge on this matter will chime in.
DIGICIPHER is a Motorola scrambling system usually picked up by Big dish 4DTV's (as far as I know)...Now I am a bit confused as well!
Luck
Jeff

steelers media uplinks

dragon002 said:
What this says is the frequency is 11946 horizontal polarity with a signal rate of 13000.
dragon002 said:
You should be able to use the winegard dish, but unless whoever is uplinking the signal is doing it in DCII or analog, you won't be able to use those receivers for that purpose. However, you could use those receivers with a subscription and watch programming from several channels on G4 (X4) ku. Without the ability to receive C-band programming with it this will disable the EPG (guide).
dragon002 said:
what lnb do i use?
You would need a ku lnbf, and the sat is at 99.0w.
dragon002 said:
Worth your time is your decision, if all you want is the steelers media uplink, I think you will probably need a DVB-S receiver to get it, along with a ku lnbf. Those digicipher receivers probably won't do it.
Al

ok al,

what is a DVB-S reciever??

i got some more info that it is used by not just the steelers, but other NFL teams as well

i just thought it would be an interesting place to start experimenting.

one more thing, so a directv lnb would work??

dragon002 said:
ok al,
i got some more info that it is used by not just the steelers, but other NFL teams as well
i just thought it would be an interesting place to start experimenting.
one more thing, so a directv lnb would work??

DTV and Dish are circular you will need a linear lnbf, and a larger dish.

what is a DVB-S reciever?

dragon002 said:
ok al,
Click on one of the Sponsors links above:
Fortec, FTADirect, Sadoun, or SGAFTA and look for the FTA receivers they sell.
DVB-S stands for Digital Video Broadcasting-Satellite (I think). You can also do a search on your computer for FTA receivers.

Al

EDIT: And, No, you would not be able to use a Directv lnb for what it looks like you're after. It is a circular lnb and like tdti 1 says, you will need a linear lnb.

Last edited:
thanks guys,

fta ird, linear Ku lnb, and 99 w sat position, this will be fun....ill let you know how it goes.

Status
Please reply by conversation.