New to D* (billing issue)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sundrop

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 27, 2010
Missouri
Help me understand my second bill please.

Here are my promotions
$10 for referral
$24 credit for first year
$5 for first reciever
$10 HD credit (not showing up at all)

My charges
06/29 07/28 CHOICE ULTIMATE Monthly 68.99
trans.gif
06/29 07/28 STARZ and SHOWTIME Monthly 24.00
trans.gif
05/29 08/28 DIRECTV HD EXTRA PACK 3 Months Free 0.00
trans.gif
06/29 07/28 HD Access Monthly 10.00
trans.gif
06/29 07/28 DIRECTV DVR Service Monthly 7.00
trans.gif
06/29 07/28 DIRECTV on DEMAND Tune to Ch. 1000 for more info 0.00
trans.gif
06/29 07/28 DIRECTV Whole-Home DVR Service Monthly 3.00
06/30 Leased Receiver 5.00
trans.gif
06/30 Leased Receiver 5.00
trans.gif
06/30 Primary Leased Receiver 5.00

My Credits
06/27 Refer a Friend -10.00 Credit 06/27 12 Month Rebate -24.00 Credit
trans.gif
06/27 Online Redemption -5.00 Credit
trans.gif
06/29 07/28 STARZ and SHOWTIME 3 Mos of Free STARZ/SHOWTIME -24.00 Credit 06/30 Primary Leased Receiver -5.00 Credit

First bill was $67.77
Next was $96.80

Partial reason for second bill is a UFC fight charged at 44.95

*Second issue...I can not view my paid bills online. IE what I paid.
(where is this found)

I paid for the UFC fight the day it showed up on my bill.
Regardless of what I try and do, I can not get the "right" payment. IE what I shoudl be paying each month with my credits VS what my bill shows.

Oh what the ,,,,,
Now I am being told the "terms" for the HD for free have changed since I was approved and I am no longer elligible. The tenure agreement has not been reached.
A new customer is eligible. any customer with 90 days payment history is eligible....I am not because I am in between. lmao

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh what the ....
Now I am being told the "terms" for the HD for free have changed since I was approved and I am no longer elligible. The tenure agreement has not been reached.

What terms, pretty much if you have HD and do Autopay and a normal base package, higher than Family was all you needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
What terms, pretty much if you have HD and do Autopay and a normal base package, higher than Family was all you needed.

Nope. They now say you need a 90 payment history. Or what they call a 90 day customer history. Accordingly I was "misinformed" by the CSR who did not tell me about the "terms" as I am being told by the supervisor.

Oh what the ....
A new customer is eligible. any customer with 90 days payment history is eligible....I am not because I am in between. lmao

You said you got your 2nd bill. When did you sign up? HD for life has only been offered since June 5th if I remember correctly and was only available to new customers. If you signed up on or after June 5th, then as long as you signed up for Auto Bill Pay and never unenrolled in it (or had some type of billing issue with your card), I don't see how they can say you no longer qualify as the terms on their website (at least as of today) state....

"Free HD for Life requires Auto Bill Pay and HD Access."

If you signed up before then (which it sounds like you did), then you probably would have been offered HD for 2 years....again, with the same/similar terms. Of course, being that new....I'm not sure if you would have qualified "yet". Still BS if they said one thing and went back on it.

Nope. They now say you need a 90 payment history. Or what they call a 90 day customer history. Accordingly I was "misinformed" by the CSR who did not tell me about the "terms" as I am being told by the supervisor.

So ya wait another 2 months, it will last 2 months longer that way, they didn't say you couldn't get it, just you couldn't have it NOW.

I signed up on May 30th

The 90 days I was told was theoretical. As after 90 days the system no longer prompts them to call me a "new customer" so the supervisor "guesses" that I am eligible after I am no longer "new"

So ya wait another 2 months, it will last 2 months longer that way, they didn't say you couldn't get it, just you couldn't have it NOW.

The "rumor" or "thought" is that two years from now, E* nor D* will be charging extra for HD (So why wait) :)

I signed up on May 30th

The 90 days I was told was theoretical. As after 90 days the system no longer prompts them to call me a "new customer" so the supervisor "guesses" that I am eligible after I am no longer "new"

The "rumor" or "thought" is that two years from now, E* nor D* will be charging extra for HD (So why wait) :)

Hey Sundrop,

I had originally signed up very close to the time you had, but had put my install off a couple weeks. Seeing your issue, I'm glad I did since it gave me time to cancel and reorder with the HD for life.

Sorry your going to get stuck with a few months of extra HD charges, because I agree, I doubt we'll see HD charges anywhere close to 2 years from now...but who knows. We'll be "paying" for them one way or the other.

Good luck!

Jason

I signed up on May 30th

Thats what I've been presuming.

I guess you could call them back and see what the next person may have to say, or see what StoneCold has to say about it.
He may have a better explanation.

Thats what I've been presuming.

I guess you could call them back and see what the next person may have to say, or see what StoneCold has to say about it.
He may have a better explanation.

I played the CSR roulette today. A total of 3 CSR's. All in, about 122 minutes. Almost 40 of it waiting on a supervisor. Me and the CSR had a few laughs as I worked in a call center for HP notebook support. Its sad really, he told me they get audited like we did and that he will fail this call if audited. Just like our center, you were not allowed to keep people on hold for extended periods without checking back with the customer. They are not allowed to place a call on hold more than 5 times. Therefore he just stayed on the phone with me, I tried to prevent him from having "dead air" time as that is a fail as well...thus we bullshitted about anything I could come up with :)

The Supervisor, well a typically call center sup. She read what the computer told her. She told me she has no authority to override it. The only part was she said she did not have the authority to escalate the call or issue me a call back. (Weird ass call center not having an escalation team) BUT as the BBB clearly rates them....they are not known for there "customer service"

Oh and a LOL I did kind of upset him when I told him I made $15 for tech support at HP. He said "He could only wish, he could make that much"

Status
Please reply by conversation.