New to direct need help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rcwilcox

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 30, 2004
I am sure my answers are here but sorry I can't find them. I had Dish network for 20 years and now switched to direct. Got an HR54 and it seems nice happy with it. My questions are:
With Dish I moved to south georgia to get the Braves and Jacksonville locals as I have two homes but Jax locals were on a conus beam. What locals are on Conus that might also get the Braves?

Also got am AM21 so I can get some locals OTA but if I understand correctly if the local exists but doesn't exist in a direct database I can't get it is that true?

This new technology is so different from what I am used to is there some materials to help me understand the tech? I have probably installed 30 or 40 dishes including BUD's but this sure is different.

As for locals on conus, the only two I am positive of are NY and LA, so others will have to check the charts and reply. As for the am21 you are correct. You will need to cross check the database off rabbitears.info to see what you will be missing then find alt zips to fill in the blanks. Search the forum, there are a ton of threads on this.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yes, the only locals on CONUS are the big four from LA and NYC. Unless a local channel in your area picks up a feed from an Atlanta station, you are SOL getting the Braves on an ota station.

He is well outside of the Atlanta spot beam unfortunately.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)