REplacement for SD Tivo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ccchuck

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2013
usa
I have a genie (with 2 minis), a HD tivo, and, on its own dish, a SD Tivo. The latter is developing problems. If I ask direct to replace it what will I get? I do have the what ever you call it fix it plan I pay for each month.

Note: the 2 tivos above were a "wife" requirement - she hates the genie interface, put another way, no tivo no direct - comcast also serves our area.

Could I ask for a HD tivo to replace the SD tivo since no SD tivos now exist? (with a chance of that happening...)

you're not likely to get a replacement TiVO, as no tech (that i know of) carries them anymore. they will probably give you a HR24 as a replacement for either tvio at this point.

Negative, a SD tivo will read as a SD dvr in our internal system, it will be replaced with an r22 as there are no SD tivos any longer. In order to replace this with a Thr22 you will need to "upgrade" it. The system will not allow anything else, and there is no possible override. The only option is to schedule the upgrade to the Thr22 and hope they can apply as many credits to the account as possible.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)