Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dr. Pepper 6044

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 10, 2010
South Georgia
I have had several requests to install/aim Dish and Direct dishes. I have never done anything with either Dish or Direct, but I've done many FTA G19 dishes.

I have a current request and feel if I had the parameters (on FirstStrike meter) TP freq, Simbol Rate, polarity for one of the 3 lnb's in the row, I could find the bird and set up the receiver.

Any suggestions?

This will be your friend ...

http://www.dishpointer.com/
Thanks, Jimbo. I'm familiar with DishPointer. Have it on my iOS and it is good for finding a satellite in the sky and showing a pointing direction anywhere and to any satellite.
After getting that general pointing direction and elevation. I would rather not have to drag a power cord, receiver, and monitor out to the dish.
I have done many G19 aims using a FirstStrike meter. If I had TP frequency, Symbol rate and polarity, I think I could aim a Direct dish, but don't have those.

:-(

Thanks, Jimbo. I'm familiar with DishPointer. Have it on my iOS and it is good for finding a satellite in the sky and showing a pointing direction anywhere and to any satellite.
After getting that general pointing direction and elevation. I would rather not have to drag a power cord, receiver, and monitor out to the dish.
I have done many G19 aims using a FirstStrike meter. If I had TP frequency, Symbol rate and polarity, I think I could aim a Direct dish, but don't have those.

:-(
Google ?

That info is on the first strike web site, and on the satpro site also.

The person who was interested found someone else closer to where he is.
Thanks Texasbrit, I will look on first strike. I don't know what the 'sat pro' site is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)