New to Dish and disappointed

Maybe not for their lifelong careers, but it is menial jobs like these that can help pay the bills while working through college.

Keep in mind that these outsourcing gimmicks, etc. are ultimately doomed to failure. The apex of it will come as the very people these companies seek to sell their goods to ultimately end up unemployed because of those very same tactics. Outsourcing does no good when your customer base is out of a job. So there will be a period of time where people will be unemployed in the middle class, lower class, etc. but soon after the upper class will find themselves in the breadlines when their companies come crashing down due to a lack of consumers. I'm not sure what the recovery period will look like.

The sky is falling!!!

I have to ask. Where did you take economics??

Many US companies have call centers in other countrys (india). Call AT&T DSL Help Center, Call HP Tech Support, Call Kodak tech support.

Thats the point. When and where will it end? The way things are going our kids wont have many options for work. Its a frightening outlook and this trend continues. Corporate profits over country.

Craig

Oh Hog Wash! Don't even blame it on "Corporate America."

Dish Network does not have call centers outside of the USA it is a misconception but they do employ a good number of csr reps that are foreign citizens. I actually have no proof but I have spoken at length with administrative personnel and have been assured all dish customer service centers are in the United States.

Dish Network does not have call centers outside of the USA it is a misconception but they do employ a good number of csr reps that are foreign citizens. I actually have no proof but I have spoken at length with administrative personnel and have been assured all dish customer service centers are in the United States.

This will be my first and last post, Just to make it clear and i know that 99.9% of the population on satellite guys knows this but hey lets say it again, DISH has call centers in the US and overseas

Littleton, Colorado Thornton, Colorado Pine Brook, New Jersey Tulsa, Oklahoma McKeesport, Pennsylvania Alvin, Texas El Paso, Texas Harlingen, Texas Christiansburg, Virginia Bluefield, West Virginia

Overseas
Philippines
India

Care less where call centers are only that the people are informed and helpful.
Dish's CSR problem is simply being inconsistent and uninformed not accents or location.
Sirius is even worse and it seems I'm calling a US correctional facility. It's hard to decipher the gang slang.

For those who need to know for the most part Americans from St. Louis area are training many of those Indian CSRs. Maybe too, if our college kids could speak multiple languages, companies would base their worldwide call centers here. Stupid ferners.

. Not Customer service! I want Phone numbers and addresses. I had a nice long conversation with Dishnetwork on this matter. And they claim their Customer service headquarters is in the Philippines.

I'm sorry, I was one off. It appears there are 10 in the US and I didn't even have to list them. Others did it for me. And I didn't even have to have a long or short conversation with anyone at Dish.

Ok, now all of you people that are complaining about losing jobs overseas, what would your reaction be if dish raised your bill $5/month just to cover the costs of maintaining call centers HERE? I bet you would be just as upset...

So would you rather pay more to have the people answering the phone here or have it india... and i would bet that even the centers here would be almost as worthless for information

Ok, now all of you people that are complaining about losing jobs overseas, what would your reaction be if dish raised your bill $5/month just to cover the costs of maintaining call centers HERE? I bet you would be just as upset...

So would you rather pay more to have the people answering the phone here or have it india... and i would bet that even the centers here would be almost as worthless for information

This is not a Dish specific issue....Its outsourcing in general. There is a saying...."

"Whats the difference between a recession and a depression?.....

A recession is when your neighbor loses his job and its a depression when YOU lose your job."

I'm not about closing the borders and shutting out the world but lets have an atmosphere where we place an emphasis on America...Not for today....but for 25 years from now. Think of the pile of you know what we're going to leave for our kids.

Craig

Thats the problem with the USA. Why give our own people a job ,when we can get some other country to do it cheaper. Real nice!

Boy I loved customers like you because you will believe what ever someone tells you. Ok so you spoke to an administrative rep ( so now customer service rep has been changed to administrative rep ) with an Indian or Phillipino accent and he/she asured you that they were infact located in the states and I bet that his/her name was something David or Mary right? Seriously your under the misconception here, I worked for Dish for a long while and the first thing I can tell you is that anyone you talk to on the phone at any office within Dish at a call center uses a fake name such as the woman who used to head up the escalations department who went by the name of James Brown. Dish does have a call center in India and another in the Phillipines and this is coming to you by way of someone who worked for dish at a time when I was able to verify validity of this information.

When I've called some reps will tell you what state and city the call center is in, others wont and say its policy, every single heavy to light accented Indian rep I've talked to always has an American first name no matter how heavy the accent because its a comfort tool or atleast thats what theyr told.

Boy I loved customers like you because you will believe what ever someone tells you. Ok so you spoke to an administrative rep ( so now customer service rep has been changed to administrative rep ) with an Indian or Phillipino accent and he/she asured you that they were infact located in the states and I bet that his/her name was something David or Mary right? Seriously your under the misconception here, I worked for Dish for a long while and the first thing I can tell you is that anyone you talk to on the phone at any office within Dish at a call center uses a fake name such as the woman who used to head up the escalations department who went by the name of James Brown. Dish does have a call center in India and another in the Phillipines and this is coming to you by way of someone who worked for dish at a time when I was able to verify validity of this information.

When I've called some reps will tell you what state and city the call center is in, others wont and say its policy, every single heavy to light accented Indian rep I've talked to always has an American first name no matter how heavy the accent because its a comfort tool or atleast thats what theyr told.
Thank You!

. And just to add They gave me 1 number in the USA. It was in Colorado and it was a corperate office . Not a call center!

Well the bill still goes up regardless of wether they outsource or not, if Charlie was concerned about saving money then he would have had call centers set up in India back in the mid 90's when the company was bleeding money profusely due to a low subscriber base but that wasnt the case. Charlie could easily close the Indian and Phillipino call centers now if he wanted to and not even open a new one here in the states if he wanted now that he's went to an automated activation service for the installers to use thats version 2.1.

Thank You!

. And just to add They gave me 1 number in the USA. It was in Colorado and it was a corperate office . Not a call center!

Yeah it's in Englewood, Colorado, and there is a call center in Littleton, Colorado and another one in Thorton, Colorado, and another one in Pine Brook, New Jersey and another one in Tulsa, Oklahoma and another one in McKeesport, Pennsylvania and another one in Alvin, Texas ... Do I need to go on?

Yeah it's in Englewood, Colorado, and there is a call center in Littleton, Colorado and another one in Thorton, Colorado, and another one in Pine Brook, New Jersey and another one in Tulsa, Oklahoma and another one in McKeesport, Pennsylvania and another one in Alvin, Texas ... Do I need to go on?
How about some Phone numbers so I can just call within the USA next time,Since I'm American!

Nixed my order

OK I nixed my order for dish.

No it wasn't based solely on the outsourcing issue but that was a factor.

No locals in HD in my area(on outer fringe and antenna is marginal)
Need for Two dishes
Outsource policy.

To each their own but I signed for Direct TV. Cost a little more out of pocket but I actually got a better monthly rate so in the end its a wash cost-wise and I don't have to deal with above issues.

Guess I need to sign up for diversity training this week.:hatsoff:

Craig

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts