New to dish and have a vip 755 duo question!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Stalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Kentucky
My cousin just got Dish today and went with a 722 vip duo with it installed in her livingroom with one remote there and another remote in her bedroom.

My question is that we were under the impression if it is set in duo mode which it is then you could record independent of each location using the remotes. We tested it out by choosing to record one program from the l/r location where the dvr is using remote 1 for tv 1 was; but when it came time to record the program both tv's switched to the channel for recording and viewing. So does that mean both tv's will always switch to the channel chosen; and if so can we change either channel back without interfering with recording for later viewing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stalker said:
My cousin just got Dish today and went with a 722 vip duo with it installed in her livingroom with one remote there and another remote in her bedroom.

My question is that we were under the impression if it is set in duo mode which it is then you could record independent of each location using the remotes. We tested it out by choosing to record one program from the l/r location where the dvr is using remote 1 for tv 1 was; but when it came time to record the program both tv's switched to the channel for recording and viewing. So does that mean both tv's will always switch to the channel chosen; and if so can we change either channel back without interfering with recording for later viewing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

When it is in dual mode you should have a blue light on the front of the receiver. Do you have a blue light now?

Thanks! I checked the reciever and mode indicator is lit with the 2 tv icon being the lit one then there are 2 other indicators saying tv1 and tv2. As of now both are showing lit with tv1 light being green and tv2 light being blue. So this is dual mode?

I actually show tv1 lit green and tv2 lit blue. Mode selection also shows icon of single tv and 2 tv light with the 2 being lit an the color of that one is orange. So this is in dual mode?

Coming from an installer,you cannot watch at the same time and record expecting to change the channel.that unit only has two tuners and if you set one to record tv 2 will have to break the connection to switch channels.tv 2 will have to watch what is being recorded.has nothing to do with dual or single mode

You can use tv 1 to watch tv and record a different program,but it is actually using the tv 2 tuner to carry out that task.if someone is trying to use tv 2 at that point they have to view what you are recording or break the connection to that recording to switch channels hope that helps Brian

Thanks for that replay...Sounds confusing when your working with 2 tv 1 dvr. Maybe the installer did explain it but we misunderstood as I am sure he is trained in these areas as you are.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts