New To Dish Networks,Indian User.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Anish

Original poster
Aug 7, 2010
Ames
Hello all my dear USA friends.:)..I am from India and i had been using Airtel Digital tv, Tata(sky HD and SD services and i have somewhat know some good basic informations of DTH.;)

I have come to US to do my Undergrad studies in Iowa State university.

Now i have mediocom cable [dont know correct spelling] in my house,But i hate it , it has no HBO or any other HD channels:rant:.Many of my friends suggested me to get Dish Networks USA.

I mainly watch Tamil channels [from India] , i heard there are few tamil channels in Dish networks DTH, and i need Discovery or HBO or Nat Geo HD channels.

So what is the initial set up for buying Dish antenna , LNB , Set top Box , and price of Installation..

Please guys tell me the monthly rent for basic plan + any one or 2 HD channels + Tamil channels

i mostly need AXN,HBO , Tamil channels, and other english channels from US

Bye friends.

Look international packages at DISH Satellite TV - $24.99 & HD Free For Life - Why Pay More? and see if they have package that contains channels you like.

To install yourself, you will need Dish 1000+ LNBF capable to receive signal from 118.7 and 119 and switch DP34 that combine those satellites into one input cable and of course you need a basic receiver 311 and RG-6 cable. Whole thing roughly $350.

I think it is better you call Dish, they will set you up. Take 24 month contract and equipment + installation is free.

Last edited:
Thanks Dear friends, you guys are really Helpful & Awsome. Thanks..

@ Mr.aklarvanto , i dont know to install the Dish antenna myself...If i call Dish customer centre and book will they bring all the equipment & install for free if i take 24 month contract ??

or else again i have to pay $350 ?

also i have one more doubt friends , in the website they have mentioned
America's Everything Pak - $99.99 now $84.99 for 12 months*

so if i pay $84.99 then will i get all channels in Dishnetworks for 1 year ?
I also require a HD box , how much more will it cost..

Thanks again guys you are really helpful..

America's Everything Pak does not include anything that is not in English Language.

You need to go to:

dishnetwork.com

and then go to packages, then international, then South Asian.

Foreign language channels are EXPENSIVE in the United States.

The cheap alternative is to rent Tamil DVDs through the mail.

@ Mr.aklarvanto , i dont know to install the Dish antenna myself...If i call Dish customer centre and book will they bring all the equipment & install for free if i take 24 month contract ??

I think that you will find that it is $84.99 per month for each of the first 12 months and then $99.99 for each month after that.

Yes the Install is free if you do 24 month commitment. How many tv's do you have?

Thanks friends for the reply , i have only one tv set in my house.

i think i need the basic pack $24.99 & i have to take $29.99 tamil pack for me..

What is the Reciever cost?

if you sign up for the DIU 24 month contract the recvr cost would be greatly reduced plus you would only pay for the techs to come set it up for you. (not sure if you would have to pay for the install or not). first recvr is free per month... only charge would be if it's HD (could run into HD programming fee $10/month or HD free for life credit card autopay to take away that charge) or if it's a DVR (6$ month) so if you're just getting SD no DVR. best thing to do is call 1800 333 DISH and get transferred to sales to build an account. they will tell you everything there.

Anish the best thing to do is call them at 1800 333 DISH and tell them what your wanting and how many TV's you have and they will tell you your costs, promotions you qualify for, and if you like it set up a installation for you (free). The best way to go is talking to them so you can explain to them your exact needs and questions. :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)