New To DTV have many ????

Status
Please reply by conversation.

J G 22

Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
KCMO
Hello fellow forum members. I have been coming to this forum to see whats new with DTV. Now that I have DTV I have a few questions..

What is so good about these HR-24 boxes.? I see nothing special about them. They are still slow like the others and hecka slower than Uverse.

What benefits do you get with havinga data connection to your box?

Last question for today, I have the Total Home DVR bull. Worked for the first 3 days, not it doesnt and DTV customer service said I have to wait 2 weeks for a tect to come out. Any help would be helpful for this situation!!

Thanks for your help on the forum for my switch to DTV!

I have not had any problems with the HR24 being slow. Especially compared to my friends UVERSE. Anyways, you don't need a tech to come out. More than likely you can get it back by going into the network and resetting your internet. Happened to me once and that did the trick. If that doesn't work let us know and there are a few more tricks.

S~

Charper1 is probably right.....but in case he isn't......reset ALL your boxes......HR24's are not slow, mine is very responsive....

Last question for today, I have the Total Home DVR bull. Worked for the first 3 days, not it doesnt and DTV customer service said I have to wait 2 weeks for a tect to come out. Any help would be helpful for this situation!!

Thanks for your help on the forum for my switch to DTV!

Do you have ANY standard def receivers? Do they have a Band Stop Filter on them? If not - that's what's causing the problem with the MRV. And call your install tech - he may welcome the opportunity to correct his install and avoid a repeat service call.

You're welcome

Last edited:
HR 24 slower then U verse YES I have had both and compared to u verse Direct tv is in trouble. Satellite companies are on their way out, old technology out, new technology in! don't let anyone tell you any different.

HR 24 slower then U verse YES I have had both and compared to u verse Direct tv is in trouble. Satellite companies are on their way out, old technology out, new technology in! don't let anyone tell you any different.

Right. Cause on Uverse when you record more then 2-3 programs it NEVER knocks out your other tvs. :rolleyes:

Right. Cause on Uverse when you record more then 2-3 programs it NEVER knocks out your other tvs. :rolleyes:

Unless they make different boxes for Uverse besides Motorola 8 DTV receivers blow away Uverse for TV & box speed. The Internet speed is fantastic but that's about it......I would imagine, like anything else, the Uverse boxes will pick up speed as they go through their upgrade cycle. To tell the truth, other than all the great channels, I would say the same thing for Fios though I was only visiting & didn't see how he had it hooked up. There are many ways to hook these things up & unless you do some research yourself you're at the installers mercy on the install (& I'm not knocking you installers because I have a great one with his cell phone on my Rolodex for anything that might pop up). ;)

Unless they make different boxes for Uverse besides Motorola 8 DTV receivers blow away Uverse for TV & box speed. The Internet speed is fantastic but that's about it......I would imagine, like anything else, the Uverse boxes will pick up speed as they go through their upgrade cycle. To tell the truth, other than all the great channels, I would say the same thing for Fios though I was only visiting & didn't see how he had it hooked up. There are many ways to hook these things up & unless you do some research yourself you're at the installers mercy on the install (& I'm not knocking you installers because I have a great one with his cell phone on my Rolodex for anything that might pop up). ;)

Personally I can't vouch for UVerse speed of set top boxes, as I've only see them at the ATT stores that I've done installs.

I know this, after doing installs at those stores, with the exact same tv, Samsung 50", and both plugged in with hdmi cables, the Picture quality has always looked noticeably better on the Directv.

Other then that, the only complaint that I hear is how when someone has more then a couple tv's and they record 2-3 shows on the dvr, it can and will knock some of the other tvs out, and you won't be able to watch shows in the other rooms.

Ok I rested the boxes and the Whole DVR is still not working. I remenber when I hooked up the internet connection it stopped working... so I took the Internet of my box (HR24) and still nothing... any other tips to get this working?? Its says it active on both boxes (WHDVR)

try going into setup, system setup, network setup, restore defaults. That's what brought my MRV back up when it went out. If your installer used the DECA adapter to connect the total system to the internet, you are not supposed to plug ethernet into the individual boxes.

S~

Thanks Alot Teach! That worked! But how do I do ondemand movies without a data connection??

No prob. You didn't do the internet connection for $25 when you set up? It is a white DECA connector that is plugged into the router. It was well worth it.

S~

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)