New to FTA since June 2014, My Dish Farm & FTA Project.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
@ray224000: I don't see a footprint at all for the U.S. on the 58W. @bobvick I did see a ton of those stations all carry the same RetroTV network. I am studying the 99W and 91W satellites, like you mentioned they have alot of good stuff there too. I will park the dish on the one that will get me the most channels, maybe 99W like everyone has been saying. :)

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Primestar31....one of these days, I'll find out for myself. Titanium and scalar sitting in garage just waiting on another dish. That will be my quest!!!!

Primestar37....that is what I intend to do. I currently have a 1m and a 76cm. Since I am more in interested in the new channels on 58W and my HOA will not let me put up by 10ft, I figure that would be my best option. Of course I have found close to 8 dishes close by that is abandon. I just wish people would return my call.....LOL

@ray224000, sorry. Just found the U.S. footprint for 58W C-Band. I hope you get some channels on that 1M dish. Like you, my wife won't let me put up a 6ft dish; I am already pushing buttons already with a 1.2M dish.

Fortunately my wife is cool with it. I currently have two dish, three OF A and one shortwave . I have room for two more fish's. I have been lucky that these are concealed from the public, so HOA has not been an issue.

Definitely go with Galaxy 16, 99W. The only thing ITC (in-the-clear) on Galaxy 17, 91W is BYU, Classic Arts, and one or two others. On G16, you might, depending on transponder strength get Fox, ABC, CBS, NBC, LeSea, MeTV, Shepherds Chapel, and one or two others.

BYU is especially great for the old Disney movies they show. I can't get enough of the old Disney stuff. However, 99W would be a better choice if you can only aim at a single satellite.

@bobvick, ok. That's what everyone has been saying so far, I may end up doing that. :) i was studying the channel lineup on the 91W and 99W. Looks like there are more channels to be had on the 99W. I was looking at the 91W for some of the sports feeds I could get for my wife to watch during the winter. But like you said, it depends on the transponder strength, so maybe I wouldn't get any of those.

None of those sports channels on G17 (91W) are ITC, they are scrambled, you won't get anything but a black screen. Now, as far as Ku band goes, there may be some feeds ITC on there occasionally for college football.

@bobvick, I did see a few or several sports channels in the clear on the Sathint site, but it still depends on the transponder streangth, or like you said, they could scramble those clear channels anytime.

Like you mentioned if there's no sports at all in the clear at all, probably best I park it at the 99W; like Primestar suggested.

I wouldn't trust SatHint, if a "feed" gets listed, the programmer will more than likely take it dish in short order. For the most accurate full time listing of North American FTA, visit Mike Kohl's site at global-cm.net. Looks like just one channel or feed anyway. It's up to you, I am just trying to convince you as to how you can get the most out of what you have to work with.

@bobvick, I definately appreciate that. :) I want to get the most that I can from one choice as well. Thank you for that website tip! I will surely check it out. Based on what you said, as well as everyone else. I will aim the 1.2M dish at the 99W C-band on a weekend after it arrives. I will post pics as I go.

I bought this 2 inch plug at Lowes this morning for the modified pole mount. The thread part measures 2 inches, where the cap part it 2.5 inches, so it should just sit on top of that post for support when I bolt down the dish clamp around it. This is about all I can find there for the size I need and not crush the pole down. Hopefully this will work better than nothing at all. :)

Attachments

• 1406553739598.jpg
    1406553739598.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 145
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)