New to FTA since June 2014, My Dish Farm & FTA Project.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
@Titanium, ok. It didnt look like that adapter would support the weight of the dish anyway. Where I live, the elevation of the dish will be 44 degrees which is up quite a ways from the nearest wall or roof. I probably need no longer than 3 feet of pole. Lowes has a 6 foot galvanized pole at 2.5 inch diameter. So I will get that shortly. Like you said, I can't do much more until the dish arrives. I dont intend to put a motor on it, the motor wouldn't last long on a dish that size, even though they say it can do it.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

You can get motors for dishes that size. Look up STAB HH120 ;)
But no I would not try putting a motor on a set-up like that, just asking for heartache.

3 foot long 2.5 inch diameter galvanized steel pipe to go over the existing j-pole. Will this work better? :)

Attachments

• 1406410242277.jpg
    1406410242277.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 107
I cut the pole down to half of what it was, this should still be plenty long enough, just have to drill holes and run bolts through hopefully.

Attachments

• 1406414485044.jpg
    1406414485044.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 81
Well, that didnt work. Drilled holes through the pipe, run the bolt through, tightened it, the whole thing was looser than a drunk goose!! Back to Lowes a third time to get back the U-Bolts. :-/

Snap a photo of the bolt holes. Top and bottom bolts at 90 degrees from each other and the center bolt at 45 degrees will lock it place. You did go with a larger pole to sleeve than we recommended, so you might add a 4th bolt in the center on the opposite 45 degree.

Your getting solid advice. The guys on this forum(including myself) have installed thousands of dishes over the years, so it isn't like you are alone and reinventing the wheel.

Final post on this thread. just going to watch the ship sail.... :D

@Titanium, yes, I will apologize, never mind my last post, my wife said the same thing. I should have put more bolts in, but its pretty difficult to drill through that metal where I am situated.

Bad news now is, its off level in two directions, so I will have to compensate for that in my elevation and LNB skew. Nothing much I can do about the off level now, pushing it doesn't help.

Attachments

• 1406421793794.jpg
    1406421793794.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 103
Looks like this, that's about all I can do for it, until more items arrive. I need a shower.

Attachments

• 1406422031984.jpg
    1406422031984.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 108
Yes, drilling and bolting at an angle would take the post out of plumb. No worries since you are not mounting a motor. Just add subtract a few degrees here and there...

I drill and bolt on horizontal axis. Here is an image looking top down:
Post_Drill.jpg

So much for standing on the rail and watching the ship sail! LOL!!! :D

@Titanium: ok, I can take that angle bolt back out, check the level, and try to redrill level at an angle. I have another bolt left I can try another way. Its supposed to be stormy here tomorrow, will see if I can get to it or not.

@Titanium, or like you said, I can also just leave well enough alone, and compensate the elevation and skew, which is no big deal for me since I'm not mounting a motor. I dont know if my Manhattan receiver will support two motors.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts