New to FTA since June 2014, My Dish Farm & FTA Project.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
@ke4eat, ok. Cool! Thank you. I was starting to lean towards the Geosatpro one, just wasn't too keen on spending the extra $80. But I don't think my wife will let me go any bigger than this, she will already have a fit with me when the huge box shows up at the door.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!
Counter Act it by buying her something for 3-400 dollars that she will like. ;)

I have already tried that many times for just about 2 years, she keeps telling me she doesn't need anything; and won't give me any hints. :-/ Hopefully working on the gutters of the house later on will cheer her up some.

Offset angles are a design factor for the sectioning of the reflector and would not be a significant factor in comparing or determining performance gains. Instead, compare signal gain on specific frequencies, surface accuracy and hardware design/robustness.

It is just advertising hype to suggest one 1.2m dish is better suited for C-band reception over the other. Both will only receive some of the strongest C-band transponders. C-band reception on a 1.2 should be considered experimental and only a few channels will be reliable (especially during inclement weather).

Thanks Titanium! I am looking forward to using that beautiful looking new Titanium PLL C-Band LNB with the equally nice looking large Conical Scalar ring with it. Like you said, I can only get 1 or 2 super strong satellites and a handful of channels. I almost don't want to do it at all period, but it would be a waste to have that very nice LNB just sit in the closet. I hope I can do better with the Titanium LNB than most other brands. :)

@Titanium: ok, you talked me into it. :) I suppose you have a point there. I would like to post your beautiful Titanium LNB with large scalar ring I am going to be using. :) The GeoSatPro dish I bought is on the way, I thought it was a commercial dish all this time, but being told its not, I hope it will work just as well. The commercial dish I wanted would cost too much to ship, and I can only buy one dish and stay with it. Pics may be comming in the next couple of weeks.

So did you end up ordering the 90cm or the 1.2M ?

@phlatwoind & @ke4est: I have been told that the 1.2M GeoSatPro dish I bought is still a good dish and will do pretty well for most of the channels I want to get. I know I can always get an unused 1.2M dish from a business, I just dont feel too comfortable asking people for their personal property and getting yelled at. @Titanium: sorry for my pitty party, I am very proud of what I accomplished & thought I did a pretty dam good job at it too! :-D I don't feel the need to change anything. :)

Reactions: jorgek
Yes the 1.2 GEOSATpro is an excellent dish. I have one myself and is well made. I use it for Ku. However, I did experiment with it on C-Band as a mini-Bud, with the C1-PLL and CS1 conical Scalar and was very impressed at what I got on C-Band with it. Not everything by all means, but I got most of 99W and quite a few off of other birds. I think you will be happy, using it as a mini-Bud. :)
Well at least until you trade your wife in on a 10-12 foot dish.....Just kidding Just kidding. :D

Thanks ke4est! I think my wife will trade me in for another husband before that happens. :) lol. I was told if I bought the commercial Andrews dish I saw on eBay with the lightning bolt on it, I would have done better on C-Band with that. It didn't say anything about C-Band in the description however and the shipping would have varied, so I played it safe by getting the GeoSatPro 1.2M from Eugene. I will check out some sites to see what has the most channels, seems like 99W C is the one to get if 87W C doesn't have much. :)

Im sorry this decides to be sideways on me, won't let me rotate of course. Just removed the old Dish Network antenna, and I will reuse this mount for the 1.2M dish after some mods.

Attachments

• 1406386548474.jpg
    1406386548474.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 101
I and I'm certain many others would like to see the C-Band Mini-BUD set up!

I would, I'm contemplating setting up a mini C Band myself to try and get MeTv on 101W for my parents, don't know if that's feasible or not. Figure if I can't get it, can always lock it onto something else. Mini bud is new territory for me.

@A Raine just placed the old Dish Network antenna up in the garage attic in case its needed again. I studied the mount pretty closely in the attic, 4 of the lag screws are already in the studs, 2 lag screws are just through the plywood. All I probably have to do is attach 1 piece of framing wood across the truss for 1 lag screw, secure an extra metal support piece to the stud. And it should be pretty strong enough for a 30lb dish. Winds will be very little at this side of the house, Im not too worried about that. I intend to attach a 2.5" diameter plastic PVC pipe to the metal pole for the dish to mount on, the PVC pipe bottom will also rest on the roof with protective padding, so there's no badly added stress to the roof mount. I will secure everything down too. :) that's the plan in mind for now.

...I was told if I bought the commercial Andrews dish I saw on eBay with the lightning bolt on it, I would have done better on C-Band with that...

There are a lot of variables involved in getting C-band on a smaller dish like that. I doubt you would get much more on the Andrews dish than you can on the Geosat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)